August SW Photo Contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

August SW Photo Contest

• Photo A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Photo B

• Photo C

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
well i dont know about it not beeing seen before. you might not think it is a great shot untill some one tell it to you. but haveing the pic posted every time you post now that is a another story. or if you put it in your gallery that woudl be fine. i know that many times i never know whos pic are up for the contest but this month i know almost them all.

the whole clown\anemone thing has been beaten to death by now.
i agree, and voted for B. i like the puffer, just look at that face and those cool blue polka-dota!

That was a tough choice. I was going to enter a pic of my new anenome and my maroon clown next month but i might have to wait since it looks like the clown/anenome combo might to take it this month.

jeez...it's like cnn on election night--

Well, the polls are over on the east coast, and here's who's going to win--

I voted for--the one I thought should be voted for this month :wink:

C, for composition and technical quality.
ya but c, just looks so digitally enhanced. so i guess if by technical quality you mean you like that enhanced look that's cool. i think b has a nice natural look to it.

okay. IF the photos were all clear, I'd say A. But it's too fuzzy. B's great, but too fuzzy. C wins me over, it's a good shot.

ya but c, just looks so digitally enhanced. so i guess if by technical quality you mean you like that enhanced look that's cool. i think b has a nice natural look to it.

Since the competition is over now I want to comment on this. I tossed close to 100 pics of this shot to get one that clear. That shot is 100% un-enhanced. There was no editing at all after the shot. I would not enter a picture that had to be tampered with to look good, it defeats the purpose of the contest. I doubt you meant any offense by your comments, and none were taken however for the record it is not a processed pic.

Any member can sumbit a pic to be voted on. All pics, as long as they fit in the category, will be put up for vote.

This isn't exactly the way it goes, but it is exactly the way it has gone, we ave never received too many entries to post them all, but if we do, the staff (barring any that might have pics entered) would decide which photos would be put to a poll, however, with the precedant that has been set to date...I don't forsee that happening.

As for all these comments, you can rest assured they will not be in the next poll. It will be clearly stated in the FW poll, and each poll each month, but from this point forward any comments made in the contest poll will be deleted as soon as they are discovered in the thread.

For the record, there is nothing wrong with editing your pic for the contest, provided it does not go beyond the scope of what is normally done at a lab with film processing. FYI, an unprocessed film pic, looks quite a bit like a negative ;) Processing is OK, manipulation is not.

Well, that just seems like a rude thing to say. I suppose the photographer, or the fish, has done something to you for you to make that kind of comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom