Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

yeah right here fishy fishy here fishy fishy I'll keep you safe. This morning I caught him trying to get another one so I think this is a pretty fairly recent Revelation that there are small ones can actually sit in his mouth he seem to be chasing a big one though and I don't think it fit cuz he got away especially when I yelled and tapped at them on the glass. Hopefully they can last 8 hours till I get home.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #42
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Lol - maybe the angelfish has been watching the nature channel??

‘what, really - fish catch stuff. Yuck, wait a second - I’m a fish...’

Old 03-14-2018, 10:38 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Ah, we were watching an ocean documentary a few days ago.

So nothing seems to go easy. (except money)

Moved the old decrepit AC 110 over to the 46G after adding the water to the tank and low and behold even though I just recently cleaned it out it poofed a cloud of debris into the tank and I have cloudy tan water.

The concentrated tannins from the water must have reconstituted too like instant tea. Plus there was a fair amount of little bits of loose wood almost like tiny saw dust from the DW and perhaps the BN plecos that used to be in there. I think while being wet they were sunken but after drying out for weeks they were like floaties.

Then I decided to add the spare Fluval FX-5 which was gonna be for the fancy Goldies tank in the future (or Discus). Didn't get quite enough water in it to prime start up and it bubbled over and over. Then being in a distracted exasperation, I neglected to close the valves when I removed the outflow tube and water poured all over the floor...

Can I just say staying at work would have been more fun...

Anyway I dug around the storage closet and added a big heater, water was partially filled with cold garden hose water, and some buckets of hot water but still a wee bit low for the Angels.

Wondering if I had connected it wrong I checked the online manual.

I was just a bit stressed and had it connected correctly just needed more water in it. Started like a charm after that.

Had to move the AC 110 over to the right side to fit the FX-5 and then it just barely wanted to work again. Right now it is rattling loudly, and is annoying.

One surprise was that I had the FX-5 since the end of summer just sittling in the corner of the storage closet and when I opened it found I had 3 baskets full -too full, of media, 2 of ceramic tubes and one of Matrix. I added some of the active media from the 29G and the 110 into each layer there are 3. I removed 2 trenta /30 ounce Starbucks cups, 1 of each tray of the ceramic rings. Might add them back in in bags to the 72G to build more active media.

So for now I will capture all of the Neons from the 29G QT and get them acclimated to go into the 72G tank. I want to remove a spiky DW, I think from the 72G to make more room in the middle for the Neons to swim.

Hoping the 46G clears up quickly so I do not have to do a water change or wait till tomorrow to move the 3 Angels in there. Added the new Purigen in the AC110 and forgot to move it to the FX-5 when I had it open.

Fingers crossed for a better part 2 - move for the fish / tank swap.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:20 AM   #44
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Busy times!

I hate getting filters going again.

Tags
72g, bowfront

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com