Baby Yellow Lab (cichlid)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, it seems that today I noticed my yellow lab is holding and I also saw that one of her babies had gotten loose haha. Its swimming around under the rocks and is about .25 inches. Here he/she is:
img_1120658_0_d6c7112b3219c07d5bc4b99ef0e2bc1d.jpg

Isn't it so cute lol.

after looking at the pic again... that fish seems awfully big to be from the same batch that the female is currently holding.. are you sure you didnt miss it holding before??? coincidence that you just saw it today perhaps?

Idk, maybe. But isn't there like a wait time between holdings or is it like livebearers? I also hope the female doesn't get stressed out, being the only female in there. Maybe one of the children will be female.

after looking at the pic again... that fish seems awfully big to be from the same batch that the female is currently holding.. are you sure you didnt miss it holding before??? coincidence that you just saw it today perhaps?
man mine was holing and i could not belave how large the 30 she had where !!

That one looks atleast a month old. They are not bright yellow or have a black stripe on the fin when they have just been spat out. And they are not "lab shaped" yet.

well if there is, I'd be happy to give them to you. I wouldn't mind keeping 1 or 2, especially some females, since I have like 3m1f (which isn't good, I assume).

are you sure you've got 3m1fm? if they're already breeding, I would think in that size tank you'd be having some serious aggression between the males...

UPDATE:
it seems the mother has spit out another batch of young (her mouth is empty seems like lol) and the baby has grown quite a bit (around an inch-1.25 inches or so) and is more active, and comes out of the rocks more.

Ok I'm uploading pics of the newest fry. I have to wait til the tank clears up before I can take pics of the older one and some pics of the new aquascape. This time I incorporated somewhat of a nursery, in the back corner, where I put all the plastic plants that were in the tank, and there are less rocks on that side as well.

Back
Top Bottom