Bedroom tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a pair of Herichthys carpintis (the guy in my avatar...affectionately known as 'bastard')
They had approx. 200 fry that I am in the process of selling. Then I have a beautiful pair Thorichthys maculipinnis. They had approx. 60 fry also for sale. They're my main guys but I have a couple of corys and a nice male hoplosternum catfish. I would like to get back into dwarfs. Use to have rams and bolivians. I definitely need more tanks lol.

Awesome fish. I was looking into Thorichthys maculipinnis, still need something for my 45. Is the stock different over there, are fish harder to come by?

Awesome fish. I was looking into Thorichthys maculipinnis, still need something for my 45. Is the stock different over there, are fish harder to come by?
Thorichthys are a really nice genus. The maculipinnis are a great species. Not overly aggressive. I am hoping to get a pair of mixtecos or aureus but as yet haven't seen any. I am hoping I can place a special order. The majority of stock here are the very common, easy sell species. To me that is so boring. One lfs sells some decent cichlids. They have some Geos, jags, rivulatus, umbees and today I saw some really cute long fin rams. They also had some apistos...agasizzi and cockatoo (orange). Still, I wish they had more. Last month I went interstate and had to check out the lfs of course. They had way more species so I asked them if they deliver interstate. They do, which is great, so my prospects of getting some decent cichlids just grew. You little beauty! ;)

Thorichthys are a really nice genus. The maculipinnis are a great species. Not overly aggressive. I am hoping to get a pair of mixtecos or aureus but as yet haven't seen any. I am hoping I can place a special order. The majority of stock here are the very common, easy sell species. To me that is so boring. One lfs sells some decent cichlids. They have some Geos, jags, rivulatus, umbees and today I saw some really cute long fin rams. They also had some apistos...agasizzi and cockatoo (orange). Still, I wish they had more. Last month I went interstate and had to check out the lfs of course. They had way more species so I asked them if they deliver interstate. They do, which is great, so my prospects of getting some decent cichlids just grew. You little beauty! ;)

It's a good genus almost as good as apistogramma :). Sounds like you have the same crap we do. At least you got a decent store with some cichlids. It's always nice to find a little hook up in the fish world.

Yeah, I reckon I would be lucky to find 10% of the fish interesting. I'd like to come across a store named "Strictly Cichlids" Hahaaa...in my dreams.
I agree, mixtecos look awesome. I will be emailing the 'reasonably decent' lfs regarding the sale of my young (They want photos) and will ask them if they could place an order for me...mixtecos or aureus. Not sure if it's aureus or aureums. Fingers and fins crossed.

Yeah, I reckon I would be lucky to find 10% of the fish interesting. I'd like to come across a store named "Strictly Cichlids" Hahaaa...in my dreams.
I agree, mixtecos look awesome. I will be emailing the 'reasonably decent' lfs regarding the sale of my young (They want photos) and will ask them if they could place an order for me...mixtecos or aureus. Not sure if it's aureus or aureums. Fingers and fins crossed.

That would be a store! Best of luck man. There are so many cichlids that are so cool i don't think I will ever have to get into saltwater

Hahaaa yeah....what's that thing called again? patience? I get something in my mind and it doesn't budge! Afflicted with cichliditis. Highly contagious ;)

That crap must have crossed the pacific I got it too lol that and mts (multiple tank syndrome) I've got them bad

Good to hear! How many roughly did they have and how big are they now?

I'm estimating between 200 to 250. The weird thing is, while some have grown in excess of an inch, others have remained less than half of that. I'll sell the larger ones to let the little ones grow out some more. I'll try to take a decent photo tomorrow but they are never still and the photos are usually blurred :-/

I'm estimating between 200 to 250. The weird thing is, while some have grown in excess of an inch, others have remained less than half of that. I'll sell the larger ones to let the little ones grow out some more. I'll try to take a decent photo tomorrow but they are never still and the photos are usually blurred :-/

Take a video, that's typical I have ruby green fry that are the same way

Back
Top Bottom