Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandanus View Post

I have a pair of Herichthys carpintis (the guy in my avatar...affectionately known as 'bastard')
They had approx. 200 fry that I am in the process of selling. Then I have a beautiful pair Thorichthys maculipinnis. They had approx. 60 fry also for sale. They're my main guys but I have a couple of corys and a nice male hoplosternum catfish. I would like to get back into dwarfs. Use to have rams and bolivians. I definitely need more tanks lol.
Awesome fish. I was looking into Thorichthys maculipinnis, still need something for my 45. Is the stock different over there, are fish harder to come by?

Old 08-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommunityCichlid View Post
Awesome fish. I was looking into Thorichthys maculipinnis, still need something for my 45. Is the stock different over there, are fish harder to come by?
Thorichthys are a really nice genus. The maculipinnis are a great species. Not overly aggressive. I am hoping to get a pair of mixtecos or aureus but as yet haven't seen any. I am hoping I can place a special order. The majority of stock here are the very common, easy sell species. To me that is so boring. One lfs sells some decent cichlids. They have some Geos, jags, rivulatus, umbees and today I saw some really cute long fin rams. They also had some apistos...agasizzi and cockatoo (orange). Still, I wish they had more. Last month I went interstate and had to check out the lfs of course. They had way more species so I asked them if they deliver interstate. They do, which is great, so my prospects of getting some decent cichlids just grew. You little beauty!

Old 08-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Thorichthys are a really nice genus. The maculipinnis are a great species. Not overly aggressive. I am hoping to get a pair of mixtecos or aureus but as yet haven't seen any. I am hoping I can place a special order. The majority of stock here are the very common, easy sell species. To me that is so boring. One lfs sells some decent cichlids. They have some Geos, jags, rivulatus, umbees and today I saw some really cute long fin rams. They also had some apistos...agasizzi and cockatoo (orange). Still, I wish they had more. Last month I went interstate and had to check out the lfs of course. They had way more species so I asked them if they deliver interstate. They do, which is great, so my prospects of getting some decent cichlids just grew. You little beauty!
It's a good genus almost as good as apistogramma . Sounds like you have the same crap we do. At least you got a decent store with some cichlids. It's always nice to find a little hook up in the fish world.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ps I really want some mixtecos just as hard to find here
Old 08-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah, I reckon I would be lucky to find 10% of the fish interesting. I'd like to come across a store named "Strictly Cichlids" Hahaaa...in my dreams.
I agree, mixtecos look awesome. I will be emailing the 'reasonably decent' lfs regarding the sale of my young (They want photos) and will ask them if they could place an order for me...mixtecos or aureus. Not sure if it's aureus or aureums. Fingers and fins crossed.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I reckon I would be lucky to find 10% of the fish interesting. I'd like to come across a store named "Strictly Cichlids" Hahaaa...in my dreams.
I agree, mixtecos look awesome. I will be emailing the 'reasonably decent' lfs regarding the sale of my young (They want photos) and will ask them if they could place an order for me...mixtecos or aureus. Not sure if it's aureus or aureums. Fingers and fins crossed.
That would be a store! Best of luck man. There are so many cichlids that are so cool i don't think I will ever have to get into saltwater
Old 08-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

[QUOTE=TheCommunityCichlid;2605716]That would be a store! Best of luck man. There are so many cichlids that are so cool i don't think I will ever have to get into saltwater[/QUOTE
Thanks, and I agree...we have the rest of our lives to study and enjoy the multitude of cichlids available. It's def my passion. Mad scientist that I am. lol
Old 08-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha me too! Figure I got about 60 years to collect my fish. Still feel like i need them now though
Old 08-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommunityCichlid View Post
Haha me too! Figure I got about 60 years to collect my fish. Still feel like i need them now though
Hahaaa yeah....what's that thing called again? patience? I get something in my mind and it doesn't budge! Afflicted with cichliditis. Highly contagious
Old 08-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Hahaaa yeah....what's that thing called again? patience? I get something in my mind and it doesn't budge! Afflicted with cichliditis. Highly contagious
That crap must have crossed the pacific I got it too lol that and mts (multiple tank syndrome) I've got them bad

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com