Best in your tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is Timmy. She is a musk turtle, and I have had her for 3 years now. I saved her from the middle of a very busy road. Here was this little 4-5 inch turtle trying to cross this road. I grabbed her and have just had her ever since. She is really awesome, and responds to me. She is full gown as musk turtles only get to be about 4-5 inches. I feed her mostly red shrimp because that's all she will eat (spoiled brat) She wont touch any pellets. In the picture I was trying to get off the patch of moss off her back, but it didn't work. It had died off now and isn't a problem. She lives in a 20 gallon tank that is only about 1/2 full (as she is fully aquatic, but not that good of a swimmer. She has a basking log that she gets on.) It has a heater, log, heat lamp, and 55 gallon filter on it because she is super dirty. I put in a few feeder fish for her to do what she wants with them. Usually they are just friends who clean up after her, and rarely she will eat one. (Like once every 6 months. Fish are friends not food.) I know she is not a fish like most other posts, but I am most proud of her. :brows:

Attachments

• DSC01920.jpg
    DSC01920.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC01911.jpg
    DSC01911.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 138
This is Timmy. She is a musk turtle, and I have had her for 3 years now. I saved her from the middle of a very busy road. Here was this little 4-5 inch turtle trying to cross this road. I grabbed her and have just had her ever since. She is really awesome, and responds to me. She is full gown as musk turtles only get to be about 4-5 inches. I feed her mostly red shrimp because that's all she will eat (spoiled brat) She wont touch any pellets. In the picture I was trying to get off the patch of moss off her back, but it didn't work. It had died off now and isn't a problem. She lives in a 20 gallon tank that is only about 1/2 full (as she is fully aquatic, but not that good of a swimmer. She has a basking log that she gets on.) It has a heater, log, heat lamp, and 55 gallon filter on it because she is super dirty. I put in a few feeder fish for her to do what she wants with them. Usually they are just friends who clean up after her, and rarely she will eat one. (Like once every 6 months. Fish are friends not food.) I know she is not a fish like most other posts, but I am most proud of her. :brows:

That is an awesome story. And all critters are welcome.

My Blue Angel

he has these little short fins underneath, they dont looked eaten, he was like that in the store and he came into the store like that the guy had him for 5 months, they never grew back. But anyway to me he is the most beautiful fish ever !! :fish1::fish2:

Dont tell him but i AM getting a stunning green copper HM betta fish (thanks to the betta fish posts in this forum getting me into metallic betta fish i may add) i dont think the personality is going to match my Blue Boy, a/. because Blue comes to watch me and hang out with me whenever i sit near the tank and i play with him, he backs up in straight lines and checks everything i do or put in the tank, out. b/. because i only found out recently blue Angels are kind of rare when i started trying to find a female for him !!

Anyone know where i can buy online and get really high quality, a blue female for my boy? he has smokey stripes so i keep hearing different names but he is not the philipine according to those pictures, he is not the platinum or pearlscale for sure. (y)

Last edited:
he has these little short fins underneath, they dont looked eaten, he was like that in the store and he came into the store like that the guy had him for 5 months, they never grew back. But anyway to me he is the most beautiful fish ever !! :fish1::fish2:

Dont tell him but i AM getting a stunning green copper HM betta fish (thanks to the betta fish posts in this forum getting me into metallic betta fish i may add) i dont think the personality is going to match my Blue Boy, a/. because Blue comes to watch me and hang out with me whenever i sit near the tank and i play with him, he backs up in straight lines and checks everything i do or put in the tank, out. b/. because i only found out recently blue Angels are kind of rare when i started trying to find a female for him !!

Anyone know where i can buy online and get really high quality, a blue female for my boy? he has smokey stripes so i keep hearing different names but he is not the philipine according to those pictures, he is not the platinum or pearlscale for sure. (y)

No pics showed up. But when I was in the Betta phase of my fish tank. I knew several places to buy online PM me

My pleco! I got him for free from a lady that was moving and didn't want to take him. :)

Attachments

• image-2755643463.jpg
    image-2755643463.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom