Betta Bubble Nest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amcody

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ol' Squiggy must be super happy to be out of that dinky bowl and in his new 3 gallon home! Look at that massive bubble nest he's made already!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387598816.722875.jpg

Nice bubble nest! Love the color of your betta :)

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

Thank you! He seems to go from reds, to greens and purples depending on the light. Very colorful :)

beautifulbettas, you have them together and they aren't fighting or anything? Are they having any sort of contact at all?

They will occasionally nip eachother but other than that they will swim by eachother and show off their fins but they just won't breed

Maybe you should separate the two and try it again in a day or two. When I tried breeding my bettas some years ago, I had my male in the main tank (10 gallon) and put the female in a big clear vase sitting inside the 10 gallon so that they could see each other but not hurt each other. Then, after they got used to each other, I put the female in the main tank and they did their mating ritual. It's very interesting. But they had to get to know each other first, and I didn't want to risk them fighting each other. Maybe someone else with more knowledge on the topic can chime in. This was just my experience. :)

Thank you that's very helpful I did put her in a glass chimney maybe they just arnt taking to eachother I'll def try it again in a few days!

Thank you that's very helpful I did put her in a glass chimney maybe they just arnt taking to eachother I'll def try it again in a few days!

Before you remove them, try upping the temp. My Bettas preferred 82 - 84 degrees to spawn in. They were outside and in the summertime, the temps would go all the way up into the 90s and they would still spawn. I needed to bring them indoors to cooler temps to make the fry live however. Too hot and the fry don't develop correctly. :(

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom