Black Diamond Blasting Sand as Substrate?!?! Wanna see some pictures!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timsduk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So. I just want to know if Black Diamond Blasting Sand really works as aquarium substrate??

Some pictures would be really nice too!

P.S.
This would be a good time to show-off your beautiful tanks!!

I had it in my 40 gallon tank and it was the first substrate I used. While I liked it initially, the tank even with good light seemed dark. I switched to pool filter sand and the color makes the tank look considerably brighter IMO. I use the PFS now in all my tanks and am happy with it.

I find any black substrate makes a tank look very dark no matter how much lighting you use

I find any black substrate makes a tank look very dark no matter how much lighting you use

I was under the impression a black substrate made the colors of decor and fish pop. My plan was to go with mostly pfs with a think cap layer of some type of black substrate. My lighting is said to be poor T8 I am told. Should I steer clear of capping my pfs with black substrate?

Also, where does one get black sand besides the over priced pet stores etc?

i got mine threw work for my nieces 20 gal and 5 gal tanks i have this stuff got it before i found out i could use blasting sand
lg-71403-50793-fish-supply.jpg
if your near chicago i can tell you where to get it but if not it would be avalable in a contractor type store

Here's mine with that sand. It's by far my favorite look.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130118_193022.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130118_193022.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom