Blennys: I'll show you mine, if you show me yours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Who keeps blennys in their tank? Sow them off, these aren't necessarily the prettiest fish in the ocean, but they got tons of personality ;)

DSCN5170.jpg

DSCN5172.jpg

AWESOME ! I don't really see that Blennies are all that ugly. A bit googly-eyed but attractive enough in their coloring and personality to make up for their "shortcomings", LOL !

Nice shots, and a great-looking fish ! :D

Here's one of our scooter, we've had it close to a year, it is so cool, I know it doesn't have all the cool colors but it makes up for it in personality, I tried to get one of it showing off it's back fin which has beautiful colors but it was too interested in searching out copepods.

The next pic is called a brown cheek blenny, they stay very small and this one in particular stays in this hole, problem is it's occupied by a bristle worm that I think showed him he doesn't want to be his room mate anymore, I'm hoping the thorns or needles or what ever they are that are around his eye end up falling off because there is no way he will let me anywhere near him. He lives in our sons 5 gallon tank, he is the only fish and we've had him for quite a few months now, he will eat brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, and believe it or not flake, oh and also copepods. ;)

might help if I added the other pic :/

My barnacle-head Lawnmower Blenny won't come out for the camera, but he's still way cool. At least you can see a little of him peeking out here.

I didnt attach it correctly, sorry, here it is.

Shoot it still doesn't work.

What the heck am I doing wrong? it is 71kb jpg.

:?

Sorry guys....

Oncew you find the pic on your computer, click the add attatchment button, then once the pic has uploaded, click submit.

keep trying snap it took me forever to catch on i still use the posting pic post by rr for reference you will get it :!:

Sorry guys, my Quota was full.

Have to adjust through control panel NOT in your profile.

I missed it.

Thanks to fishfreek for telling me about this, I was looking at my gallery quota. There are 2 different quotas, gallery and forum. Both are a meg.

Well I guess I am just ignorant.

Anyway here is the photo of blenny that is not that great anyway.

i just picked up a red scooter blenny yesterday. I was wondering what they eat. Do they eat frozen brine shrimp, frozen mysis shrimp, flake food, or do they require live food such as copepods. I have a 30 gallon FO tank with a very small amount of live rock in my tank will the fish just starve if i leave him in there. I havnt seen him eating yet i have tried flake food and frozen brine shrimp. I am going to try frozen mysis shrimp today. Is there anything else i could feed him or will he eventually come around to eating. If he just eats copepods i will probably have to bring him back to the lfs because i dont have any in my tank. any informations will be appreciated.

From what I understand they will eat mysis but prefer mostly live stuff (flatworms etc)

Our scooter blenny eats, mysis, brine, copepods and will also eat Sweetwater Zooplankton. Would love to see the pic of yours, aren't they cool to watch it's like they glide in the water and can really zip. Ours is in a 29 but we have a lot of LR and a HOB refugium. :)

This was the second addition to my tank and probobly my favorite inhabitant.
1962DSCF0037.JPG

I'm talking about the blenny of coarse.

Back
Top Bottom