Bumble bee gobys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-Garrett-

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I recently came across some very interesting bumble bee gobbys at my lfs and have become quite fascinated by them, if any one has them and feels like showing off ;) please post some of your gobbys pictures, I would also very much like to see some pictures of aquascaping for aquariums housing gobbys, thanks so much for reading this post and I hope to see what you got : )

below is a stock image of a bumble bee gobby for your viewing pleasure

Attachments

• bumble bee gobby.jpg
    bumble bee gobby.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 224
I love my BBG... He's been living in my FW tank for over a year now.. Here he is on the glass...

img_2093581_0_8930906b615a882139dbd0c9caaa41c5.jpg

Moved to show-off/photography.

Here are a couple shots of my bbg. They tank will be more heavily planted soon, but they seem totally fine withe the plants in there and one usually chooses to stay in the open anyways.

Attachments

• P8260715.jpg
    P8260715.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 144
  • P8260690.jpg
    P8260690.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 131
  • P8260698.jpg
    P8260698.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 94
Bobjoefredsky said:
That's pretty

Aren't gobies brackish and saltwater though

Some are brackish and some will do fine in FW. Mine has been living in FW for over a year now.

There are two species of bumblebee goby that look very similar. The way you can tell them apart is the one with solid unbroken black bands (that meet at the belly) can tolerate freshwater (Brachygobius xanthozona). While the other (Brachygobius nunus)*has broken black bands that can look like dots requires brackish water.

Yep, like Brian said. The fully FW ones seemed to be harder to find for quite awhile, but now they getting more common in the hobby.

They look very cute.

I've heard they are difficult to feed. What are you feeding, and how are you feeding yours?

Mine are no issue at all to feed. They eat flakes, blood worms, and even nibble on the algae wafers. I read that they appreciate live food, so I plan to grow some daphnia for them as well.

Mine was very hard to feed.. My BBG would only eat frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp. I'm sure live foods are great. Mine just wouldn't touch the flakes or micro pellets. When feeding the bloodworms, i had to make sure my BBG got some because the tetras and other fast eating fish would snatch up all the food before the BBG had a chance to eat.. They're generally finicky and slow eaters, so you have to baby them.

I had a slightly brackish tank with 6 of these guys and Molly's they all did really well I had to leave the tank behind when I slip with my ex and moved away. They were really cute and fun little guys to have I was quite obsessed with them tho I've noticed lately I'm drawn to little tiny fish n creatures. Mine used to eat frozen brine shrimp and blood worms.

Back
Top Bottom