Can people post picks of your fish and what breed they are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex93

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm new to the aqurium words and don't really know many species so could people post picks of there's and what they are all the pet shop near me have are guppies and mollies :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

WIN_20140310_213215.jpg

WIN_20140331_200909.jpg

RYKER - WIN_20140518_215003.jpg

RYKER - WIN_20140518_214905.jpg

First two pictures are when I had female betta splendens in my 5 gallon

Third is of my tiger nerite

Fourth is of my amano shrimps. :)

RYKER - WIN_20140416_211731.jpg

This is my Red Clawed Crab named Waldo. :) He lives in a half filled ten gallon with a gravel sand and rock slope and is filtered with a tetra 20i. He is my favorite of my inverts as of now.

Can he go with fish or will he eat them ( the crab)

He will eat anything he can catch. That said, she IS brackish (well if you want them to live longer than a year). My friends always kept bumblebee gobies with the red claws. Just make sure the tank is big enough and has enough territory (caves, dark places; etc) and that you feed them in their territory and you should be good. :)

You could also get a colony of crabs as long as you only have one male.

Once he gets used to it you can just drop food in front of them and they will jump and attack it XD

I don't really have any hideing places in my tank ATM so prob wouldn't be a good idea for me to get a crab I like how you've put your rocks gave me a good idea for my tank :)

Haha I'm glad I inspired you. :)
Just another picture if you need more help.
RYKER - WIN_20140416_211612.jpg
Slope the gravel up then place rocks to support.

I don't have driftwood but you should get some so he can have a perch and eat it for supplements.

Good luck! - Raymond

Wow he looks amazing the pet shop near me doesn't really doe exotic fish mostly different breeds of guppies and Molly's

Have you checked the surrounding towns? Like I live in Folsom and their is an okay LFS in Rocklin but my favorite is Rivers to Reef in Davis.

There's a really good one in the next town it just getting there it's about an hours walk

Hitch a ride? Kidding lol maybe you could get a friend or relative to give you a ride. XD

I don't mind walking just a long way to get my kiddies to walk but it's right next to a massive toy store so could bribe then that way haha and yeah they could ask them if they do special order never though of that

Haha my mom used to bribe me to go to the mall with her when I was younger with toys r us. Now I just go with her to make her happy.
I'm still a teenager so I have to stay on her good side XD If you are walking bring a box with a blanket in it to insulate. Also ask them to double bag. Don't forget to do your research! :p

Best of luck, Raymond

Did your fish not eat the shrimp I brought some red cherry shrimp and they ate mine :(

Depends on the fish. Even with individuals it can be tricky. Betta's and Gourami's are iffy... I'm going to assume you have mollies or guppies?

Try to provide a lot of hiding places and the cherries really do well in planted tanks with little crevices..

I had a betta in there when I put the shrimps in so he prob ate them he's in a tank of his own now , my tanks don't really have any hiding places ATM as only had them about a months still trying to decide how to decorate them

Back
Top Bottom