Carey's Cichlids!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So since I seem to be lost in the world of saltwater most days I have decided to post some photos of my cichlids too! They have been around much longer than the SW tanks and the fish are actually quite nice. :)

I have a 125g 6 foot tank for these guys and have mostly African Malawi haps and Peacocks but have two mbuna in there as well, one is my favorite fish and the other is my B/f's so when we switched from mbuna we had to keep 2. lol

Anyways, here they are. keep in mind I am a terrible photgrapher so I tried my best. :-D

img_1910505_0_b74a20929fbef1cee2d4ededf1faeaaf.jpg

img_1910505_1_6646101e6b11190fb2d43f5611999f1b.jpg

img_1910505_2_ac94f40e5bfe11c3a8db9cc28de86dcc.jpg

img_1910505_3_5d501e18b573010baa33df3ff5f325f6.jpg

img_1910505_4_587507dbfd8ffa153e535eda44fdfc9f.jpg

img_1910505_5_70b562b5d378378097202aefa56be175.jpg

Thanks everyone fpr the nice words! :-D

They are a bit over a year old mostly, some are really big already. lol I'm hoping to upgrade this tank to like 300g sometime this year for them.

carey said:
Thanks everyone fpr the nice words! :-D

They are a bit over a year old mostly, some are really big already. lol I'm hoping to upgrade this tank to like 300g sometime this year for them.

Cool, when you do do you plan on adding any more to go with them?

I feel we are fully stocked with about 20 of these cichlids so no more fish will be added. :) Even when we upgrade I don't think we will add any, some of the fish we have like the giraffes can get up to a foot long so we'll need the room. lol

Thanks again for the comments, the poor freshwater tank doesn't get much attention as far as posting pictures and updates so I figured I'd share since the cichlids were the start of my aquaria obsession. :-D

carey said:
So since I seem to be lost in the world of saltwater most days I have decided to post some photos of my cichlids too! They have been around much longer than the SW tanks and the fish are actually quite nice. :)

I have a 125g 6 foot tank for these guys and have mostly African Malawi haps and Peacocks but have two mbuna in there as well, one is my favorite fish and the other is my B/f's so when we switched from mbuna we had to keep 2. lol

Anyways, here they are. keep in mind I am a terrible photgrapher so I tried my best. :-D

What is the first one in the set? I like that one a lot.

The bright yellow one is a Benga Sunshine. :) One of my favorites actually. Everyone else is kinda blue but that benga really stands out.

carey said:
The bright yellow one is a Benga Sunshine. :) One of my favorites actually. Everyone else is kinda blue but that benga really stands out.

Beautiful fish! I am a big fan of all the chiclids but that's the first time I've see that one.

Thanks for the nice words guys, i really appreciate the time you took glancing at my fish. :-D

lol

Back
Top Bottom