check out my video!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovin the video bro. Haha *runs away and turns on the light* lol jk. I really do like the sump, and we are considering ading one to our tank. Problem is that i dont wanna cut out the support beams like you did because i am worried about my tank fallin on the second story! Haha i will probably just add a 10 gallon, not a 20.

Question, why didnt you get a 20 gallon with a regular footprint? Did you want more room for your skimmer and stuff?

Lovin the video bro. Haha *runs away and turns on the light* lol jk. I really do like the sump, and we are considering ading one to our tank. Problem is that i dont wanna cut out the support beams like you did because i am worried about my tank fallin on the second story! Haha i will probably just add a 10 gallon, not a 20.

Question, why didnt you get a 20 gallon with a regular footprint? Did you want more room for your skimmer and stuff?

thanks, and ya lol it took me so many times to not mess up. i have like 4 dud videos. the light thing happened so late in the vid that i went with it. you can take it out, you just have to add the 2x4s first. i did a 20 long because of it being longer at 30" instead of 24 1/4". the more room the better. i would much rather have a longer tank than a tall because you cant stack things on top of eachother. if you are looking for a 10 gal footprint, then try a 20 extra high. its a rarer tank to come buy but its 2 10 gallons stacked on eachother.

Looks good man, when does one take coral's off the frag plugs?
thanks, you usually dont unless your fragging a coral. i didnt take mine off, it fell off if your talking about the palythoa. it had to be glued back on a plug and i didnt like the huge plug that it came on, so i went with my disk.

needmorecowbell said:
thanks, and ya lol it took me so many times to not mess up. i have like 4 dud videos. the light thing happened so late in the vid that i went with it. you can take it out, you just have to add the 2x4s first. i did a 20 long because of it being longer at 30" instead of 24 1/4". the more room the better. i would much rather have a longer tank than a tall because you cant stack things on top of eachother. if you are looking for a 10 gal footprint, then try a 20 extra high. its a rarer tank to come buy but its 2 10 gallons stacked on eachother.

Thats sweet. Sadly i have limited space underneith so i could only fit a 20 gal with a regular print, rather then a 20 long. Yours looked nice, how did you put the glass panels in between it? It looks cool. Are you gunna put anything sweet in the fuge section? Maybe a mantis shrimp ;) thanks bud. Looks AWESOME

lol thanks, you glue them in with aquarium safe silicone. i used cd cases to keep them in balance. it worked well because its a 90 degree angle. i was thinking of maybe putting a shrimp in there, not sure what yet though. maybe a boxing shrimp or porcelain crab.

*cough* mantis *cough* shrimp. Hahah i will have to get some of that silicone, i really like how you did that. Also, what protein skimmer are you going to use? You didnt drill your tank right?

lol i dont think i can because of all the chaeto in there and im not going to have that much rock in it. plus i dont want it breaking the tank. you can find it a the petstore or a hardware store. its harder to find at a hardware store but its cheaper. thanks, im using a 4" pinweel in sump skimmer oct- nwb110 from reef octopus. im not buying it for a while though. i didnt drill either tanks, im using a hob overflow from eshopps rated for 300 gph.

Back
Top Bottom