ChizerBunoi's 90 Gallon Planted Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^^ Outstanding. Thank you everyone for those nice comments. I have been so focused on my reef tank that I completely forgot about this tank. But there isn't much to update on it.

Lately I have been so busy that I decided to switch over to low maintenance plants. Not as pretty as before, but I'm trying to figure out what type of layout I want to achieve. Over the next couple of months, I'll experiment to see how the plants grow in and the placement is best for the eyes and the fish.

IMG_3139.jpg

I hate Cryptocoryne. It's going to go.
IMG_3175.jpg

Same with stem plants. This is rotala rotundifolia. It's gotta go.
IMG_3179.jpg

Going to try a hair grass foreground.
IMG_3176.jpg

This amazon sword plant took over my tank. It covers the entire front to back space in the middle of the tank.
IMG_3180.jpg

It is also producing 20 little babies like this right now. There are 5 shoots. I'm going to fill the sword plants along the back of the tank.

IMG_3181.jpg

The goal is to make this a primary discus tank. I will have a total of 7 of them.

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

There are probably 150 fancy endlers in the tank. They breed like crazy and the babies swim right next to the parents and discus without getting eaten.
IMG_3145.jpg

I can't seem to take a nice picture of them. They are too fast for my camera. The nice thing is that they are self sustaining fish.
IMG_3161.jpg

In case you are wondering, I am still using the Seachem dosing schedule, but have been making 20 gallon water changes once a week. This is solely for the benefit of the discus fish.

Awesome tank! Love your plant layout. Just started my first planted tank, its so much fun!

Thank you. I hope you grow a massive amount of weeds in a box and have numerous fish weaving in and out of it. :brows:

Are you still using co2? I had some of the stemmed plant you said you didnt like but.... I kinda gave it a hot bath to kill snails and over the next week in melted and fell apart.

^^ Thanks for the comments! :)

Are you still using co2? I had some of the stemmed plant you said you didnt like but.... I kinda gave it a hot bath to kill snails and over the next week in melted and fell apart.

Don't worry about snails. They are good for your tank and your plants.

IMG_3466.jpg

Healthy Rotala Rotundifolia. In a high tech setup, you just need to plant it down once, then keep up with weekly trimmings. There is no need to replace the tops as the bottoms should retain most of the leaves.
IMG_3443.jpg

If you trim it weekly, the leaves will grow in short and won't get large.
IMG_3460.jpg

My wife wanted the boat back into the tank.
IMG_3442.jpg

That's Mr. Betta's new home. He is captain of this ship wreck.
IMG_3446.jpg

Aye ya laddie, even brave endler babies venture by to.
IMG_3459.jpg

"No I am the CAPTAIN!!!!"
IMG_3447.jpg

"Eh? Who's the captain?"
IMG_3448.jpg

"I'm the CAPTAIN!!!!"
IMG_3468.jpg

"Who's a Napkin???"
IMG_3456.jpg

"I AM THE CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
IMG_3469.jpg

"Yikes! I hope he is on Akins."