Clean Freaks! Cleaner Shrimp Earns His Keep (PICS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amahler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I thought you all might enjoy some photos I took this evening. Many of them involve my Imperator and Scopas Tang getting some serious attention from my Cleaner Shrimp, Jacques. ;)

The shots of the Imp getting his gills cleaned (where you can see clean through his mouth to the rock behind) are especially interesting.

There are a handful of other shots that I thought were fun, too...

I do tons of photography, so I tend to put my pictures on my own server for ease of sharing:

http://sparhawk.sbc.edu/tank/clean-freaks

- Enjoy!
- Aaron

Thanks, all. ;)

We've gotten something of a discussion going about the photography side of things in another thread about Hermit Crabs. It's here if you're interested.

- Aaron

whoa! that friggin amazing! Ive never seen such an awesome picture! i love the shot of where its opinging its gills up!

also, what kind of camera is that?!?!?!

Heh - thanks. There are still some techniques I want to improve, but things are coming together. :)

I use a Canon EOS 20D with an MT-E2 wireless flash transmitter and a 420EX flash. It's good gear, but not their absolute top of the line in any of their respective categories. I think the most critical piece here is the remote flash since it allows you far, far more flexibility with the single most difficult aspect: the light. You need adequate light with the right properties and you often need it coming from places you can't be with the camera. :)

I discuss a lot of this in more depth in another post.

Hope that's helpful! It's a lot of fun, so I'm glad to share information...
- Aaron

Funny, tangs always seem to want their ars cleaned :wink: :!: Mine does the same thing; pulls up to the cleaner and bam - "backside please" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom