Colbalt Blue Lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JWitter

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got this guy a couple of months ago, last night he decided to play escape artist. He climbed out of the tank. Then climbed or fell 4 feet to the ground and I found him in the middle of my hallway floor about 30 feet from his tank.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1424650941141.jpg
    1424650941141.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 183
He is back in the tank and doing well just so you know.

Lucky, usually they end up drying out, you're also lucky no one stepped on him lol..

Nils

Well he got out again, felt him nearly dead behind my sons bed. Made sure all holes were covered and lid secure on the tank. He isn't getting out again.

Lucky
Kool look crawfish

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And he got out again. Found him down the hallway this morning. He is back at home in the tank and doing well.

Take pics of tank let's see how he is getting out

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is something stressing him and that's why he wants to get out? Check your water quality.

Nils

Yeah I agree with Nils. Also what size is the tank? If it is too small that could also be why he is trying to escape

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He is in a 29 gallon tank, water quality is fine. I check it often with my liquid API kit, all the fish seem fine as well, I think he is just an explorer. I have his favorite hiding spot back where he likes it and he seems fine now. I have also made sure to close all opening in the top of the tank. He is healthy, eating well and just changed his shell about a month ago. I was told by someone at my LFS that they are just prone to escaping if there is an opening. Your thoughts on that?

Here is the top opening he escaped from, I have it covered now. Also a full tank view, and the tree he calls home. Water still seems fine and he walks around tank every few days. Looks like he burrowed the rocks behind the tree down to the tank bottom. Not really sure what the issue is.

Attachments

• 1426009306983.jpg
    1426009306983.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 1426009400312.jpg
    1426009400312.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 1426009420584.jpg
    1426009420584.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 88
i like to say if you can stick you ringer thru any part of the tank you need to cover it.

well its just crayfish nature, you have cover for him, and he seams to be fine with his tank mates, if the water is good that's OK. they are just curious and they can leave the tank, so he does. i have one in a 20 gallon tank and he is fine, try and make some caves with rock and slate they love to explore and find new homes, mine changed homes like 10 times when i first got him. she hides a lot science she is berried.

I moved him to his own tank, with a tree to hide in and some roots and grass to play around. He seems much happier now. Dug a spot in the rocks as well. It is a 10 gallon tank but he has it to himself so I think he is good to go.

Maybe you could train him to climb back in the tank :D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom