coral showcase thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice. Thats a real improvement in 2 months. I actually have a cyphastrea that looks kinda like your before pic. What kind of light do you have over them?
I have them under a Taotronics blue/white LED fixture that's 100% blue and about 60% white.

I have them under a Taotronics blue/white LED fixture that's 100% blue and about 60% white.

Ok. Thats not alot different than my xen-lux i dont believe. How far is it from the light itself and how many watts are your leds?

I have a question on corals. Ive been reading up on different kinds of coral and how some (most) are very aggressive and other (not very many) are peaceful. Id like to start up a reef tank with lots of corals very colorful ive seen many tank with them stocked up looking amazing but how can you put all these different corals in one tank if 99% of them are aggressive an supposedly stink other corals or fish??

My finger leather coral. Got a new light and it's looking amazing :)

75748-albums12608-picture60800.jpg

I have a question on corals. Ive been reading up on different kinds of coral and how some (most) are very aggressive and other (not very many) are peaceful. Id like to start up a reef tank with lots of corals very colorful ive seen many tank with them stocked up looking amazing but how can you put all these different corals in one tank if 99% of them are aggressive an supposedly stink other corals or fish??

Some corals, like most SPS mix nicely. Most softies also mix nicely. Some LPS go together but don't mix well with the neighbors. Most SPS and softies get along. The rest battle it out until a no mans zone is created. Been watching this battle change hands for years now. I am in the middle of thinning the softies for more hard corals. GSP and mushrooms are potent. But my torch coral and big frogspawns take no prisoners so everything backs off of them. It is fascinating to watch.

Never had a coral harm a fish.

Some corals, like most SPS mix nicely. Most softies also mix nicely. Some LPS go together but don't mix well with the neighbors. Most SPS and softies get along. The rest battle it out until a no mans zone is created. Been watching this battle change hands for years now. I am in the middle of thinning the softies for more hard corals. GSP and mushrooms are potent. But my torch coral and big frogspawns take no prisoners so everything backs off of them. It is fascinating to watch.

Never had a coral harm a fish.

Its a beautiful battle sometimes. Just waiting untill something makes it to my galaxea. Its got some serious sweepers!

Ok. Thats not alot different than my xen-lux i dont believe. How far is it from the light itself and how many watts are your leds?
This particular unit is 20" off of the water, and the cyphastrea is about 2" below the surface.
The Taotronics (or similar) style fixtures are 120 watts at full power.
You can see the tank in the back ground here-
img_2619982_0_efae4232f731163e35c9fb6d77e665e1.jpg

This particular unit is 20" off of the water, and the cyphastrea is about 2" below the surface.
The Taotronics (or similar) style fixtures are 120 watts at full power.
You can see the tank in the back ground here-

Ok cool. Nice setup man. Looks roomy!

My scolymia

Attachments

• image-1089668931.jpg
    image-1089668931.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 142
  • image-2930481554.jpg
    image-2930481554.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 106
montipora digitata growth in about 4 months

Attachments

• image-3290365621.jpg
    image-3290365621.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 147
  • image-3388568426.jpg
    image-3388568426.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 140
And now...green with gold polyps...Maybe I'll call it "Green Bay Packers Cyphastrea" LOL.

.[/QUOTE]

I'd get rid of those ASAP!!! There no good on the field or in a tank!!!

Back
Top Bottom