coral showcase thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite acans in my tank-

45469-albums2911-picture53707.jpg

Love this piece!

awesome corals all around but i never understood the crazy names behind all these corals: Armor of God, WWE, Superman, Bowser, Emeral on Fire, etc. someone please point me to the right direction

awesome corals all around but i never understood the crazy names behind all these corals: Armor of God, WWE, Superman, Bowser, Emeral on Fire, etc. someone please point me to the right direction

They are just names given based on colors and shape basically. They give something a name and drive the price up. In reality they are just acans, zoas, montis, etc...

Thanks. Yea that red sunburst acan is a personal favorite. The camera just dont capture all of the colors going in in the middle of it!

I should but it is never trying to eat when I am feeding mysis.

That war coral is pretty cool, I want one.

touch the mysiss to it it will take it use a pair of plastic tweezers you'll be surprised
I thought my lobo would never take any than I tried live mysiss now it scarfs them down it takes frozen too but seems to like the live ones better takes them faster
img_2718604_0_c6e7d23d274b33758287f94717673537.jpg

Those are some gorgeous pieces. Is the 4th pic a Duncan?

Thanks. Yes it is! That was one of my first corals. Got it as a single head frag and ive fragged it once. I was told once there were 2 types. 'Branching' and 'bushing. But as i found out by Mr. X on this forum its just how much flow and what not decides how it grows. Mine is deffinately a bush. Lol. Alot of heades on that guy!

Thanks. Yes it is! That was one of my first corals. Got it as a single head frag and ive fragged it once. I was told once there were 2 types. 'Branching' and 'bushing. But as i found out by Mr. X on this forum its just how much flow and what not decides how it grows. Mine is deffinately a bush. Lol. Alot of heades on that guy!

Just wondering how you fragged it as mine is getting quite large and bushy lol.

Just wondering how you fragged it as mine is getting quite large and bushy lol.

I just clipped a head off at the base of one that has a decent 'stem'. I used my small bone cutters. Also disurb coral a bit to make it close up a little when you cut that way you dont snip any tissue.

I just clipped a head off at the base of one that has a decent 'stem'. I used my small bone cutters. Also disurb coral a bit to make it close up a little when you cut that way you dont snip any tissue.

Alright cool thanks! That's what I figured but just wanted to be sure.

this is my duncan its been thru a lot was one of my first corals bought it and it only had 2 heads it now has 5 :)

ForumRunner_20131117_141758.jpg

Back
Top Bottom