coral showcase thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My new gorgonian!

img_2763945_0_482a8b8b62f90d3fc9781de0774de8f5.jpg

That one is photosynthetic. Just be sure to keep it from getting any algae build up on it and you should be fine. Remember- brown polyps= photosynthetic, white polyps=non-photo.

That one is photosynthetic. Just be sure to keep it from getting any algae build up on it and you should be fine. Remember- brown polyps= photosynthetic, white polyps=non-photo.

Yea that what was told to me by my buddy at the LFS. Didnt know about the polyp color though thanks. They had a yellow/orange one that was not photosynthetic that i almost got but didnt look healthy. This one was flawless. I strive to keep algae away from my tank period! Lol

Ah didn't catch that. I never knew about the polyp trick. I'm guessing that it is brown from the zooxanthellae, and the nps ones are white from the lack of.

Actually, blue polyps would also be non-photo. I didn't mean that only white polyps are non-photo, but all white polyps are non-photo.
this guy is non photo too (not my pic)
Image.aspx

I don't know what this is but I still want to share it and maybe someone out there might know what it is. It's 5x4 in size

under 10k light

Back
Top Bottom