coral showcase thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heres my scoly..paid $60 because lfs wasnt sure was a scoly or a acan..

image-1445600126.jpg

Its my pride of my 8 gal nano..along with my toadstool ...

Heres a acan frag i got the other day that im super stoked about. It was labeled as a sunburst acan but i havent found one like it under that name. Heres a cell phone pic of it under atinics.(not very clear)
img_2500687_0_972f34acec12a8361de9f1aa504b8ed8.jpg

image-2794902367.jpg

New scoly that I just got this weekend. I saw the other awesome scolys and decided to get one

That's a nice one. They are not high light corals and don't need nearly as much light as a clam. You might be better off lowering that closer to the sand bed.

The place I purchased from had it slowly acclimated to MH and had it at the top of the tank. I was shocked myself but I was afraid to lower the lighting too quickly and further stress it. I plan to keep a very close eye on it and will change the location according to how the coral reacts

Less light doesn't stress corals. You can see how it's not really inflated as much as it could be. i believe if you lower it, it might inflate more.

Less light doesn't stress corals. You can see how it's not really inflated as much as it could be. i believe if you lower it, it might inflate more.

Mr X, I have one mounted vertically about mid height in the tank. I notice it is pretty inflated with the actinics on but shrinks with the whites. You recommend a move further down? Part of the shrinkage is due to an Encrusting Hydno falling over and stinging a portion of it about 3 months ago. Healing has been slow but is progressing. Thanks for the input.

image-1561954107.jpg

Moved it about an hour ago and I think it already looks better. I fed it pe mysis yesterday. How often would you feed it?

Back
Top Bottom