i was hoping to start a coral photo thread. i love looking at whole tank shots but i always wish i could see some close ups of peoples corals as well. so i figured if we had a thread dedicated to it it will help people with identifying there corals and seeing examples of colours and health. there will be a few rules.
1. corals only. if u are going to post a full tank shot that is fine as long as there are close ups of the corals in said tank
2. please try to include only clear shots. i understand not everyone can get crystal clear photos. that is fine. but if u have to squint to make it out then perhaps try the photo again before posting (i am not trying to be rude)
3. include camera type/exposure/settings if possible. this will also help people that are trying to improve there skills.
4. please put the name (common or proper) and the type (soft/sps
) if u know it
5. please use a photo uploader program like photobucket/imageshack. it will display a larger picture then the site uploader.
6. HAVE FUN!
i will include a few i have taken to start things off
pipe organ coral
green zoanthids under blue leds
green star polyps(top left) button polyps (bottom left) green zoanthids (right)
many of these were taken with different cameras unfortunatly so i cant really include the information.
im sorry if this is in the wrong section. just figured this is where the most traffic would be and it applys specifically to reefs.