Corey's Biocube 14 reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iDream

Aquarium Advice Addict
nothing too spectacular since i dont have the money to buy corals, but i've been putting off getting pictures of my tank on here for too long!

and sorry for the quality, we have a great camera (jenatronQT3.14159 and i) but i suck with it still lol

anyway here we are..

shroom frag (red and purple/blue on the opposite side)
p1000130t.jpg

FTS(not too amazing)
p1000131t.jpg

firefish around feeding time, the only time he comes out lol
p1000138w.jpg

and finally my favorite coral, pom pom xenia (gonna move it soon so it stays on one rock, don't wanna end up hating it like everyone else
p1000140j.jpg

sadly my favorite the starry blenny always runs into the rocks as soon as he sees the camera, he doesnt mind when its just me, but ohhh that camera is after him! hopefully ill get one up eventually

but that's it, finally my biocube is up on here!

Those are great pics! even if you dont have a lot of corals the hobby is still a lot of fun!

Hey, I know this isn't the appropriate place, but Corey turn on your PMs so we can talk. We're not doing anything today in 1st.

hows the tank coming along? whats your current stock?

doing good, a few days ago i removed one of the rocks with xenia on it and moved the other and the frag plug away from the others so it'll grow just on that rock so i can take it out whenever i want.

right now my tank has about 5-6 turbo snails, 5-6 blue leg hermits, my starry blenny and firefish goby, and i recently got a peppermint shrimp to rid my aiptasia problem, since i ran out of aip X the day i mentioned above, and it was either $20 for more aip X, or $5 for a peppermint shrimp, and a good buddy, he' a lot of fun watching him walk around and eat at feeding time

sorry for the late reply lol but he sounds neat, i want a cleaner shrimp myself maybe a pepermint. hows the tank coming along?

well the pep died, dont know why, corals and fish are mighty fine, xenias not a big fan of where it is, but its still growing, now im up to 3 baby red mushrooms and they arent staying small!

also change up my output nozzle so i get less of a cyclonic flow

Nice sorry about the pep though. I was planning on picking up some xenia today and maybe a cleaner or a pep. What's your future livestock additions?

ill add a fts eventually, not making any promises, i just recently found out one of my high school teachers grows coral so i may add some frags from him, and one of my friends has a small reef i may get some small pieces from.

as far as livestock the only thing im gonna add (whenever i do, i have no idea) is a percula clown, ive always loved percs over o. clowns, but i want to get one as a baby, which where i live its hard enough finding a percula clown, much less a baby(or atleast really smally, like <1" hopefully)

Nice tank dude. Looking forward to seeing it grow out some more.

ill add a fts eventually, not making any promises, i just recently found out one of my high school teachers grows coral so i may add some frags from him, and one of my friends has a small reef i may get some small pieces from.

Lolzies, Graham's not gonna give you any frags. He doesn't even remember you! :ROFLMAO:

Well I don't mean to bump this but I just wanna add to it.

If possible the mods can move this to the nano reefs section, I didn't originally want this to be my "build" thread but now I do.

Today I finally put together my stand for the tank, it was sitting in my room in pieces for a while. I read once that it was flimsy like something from IKEA, but man it is sturdy! Not only did they have to build it to hold the weight, but its definitely well put-together, and nice and sleek. Though I won't be moving the tank to it until our big move to Tallahassee.

Also I did something I've been meaning to do since a few months in to having my tank, replaced the fans. I bought my stuff off of coolerguys.com and had it shipped for under $20 for 2 50mm computer fans and 2 3-to-2 pin adapters. Simple plug and play and now I have two fans running for the first time in say 6 months!

Back
Top Bottom