Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #101
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Bman024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Spokane Washington
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkiggy View Post
Anyone else's Julii Cory crazy and a little daredevil ? My 2 play in the strong current of the out flow on the filter ... they swim as hard as they can and get tossed around but love it. And do it for hours
I'm afraid they'll get hurt !!!!!
HAHA Yes, mine do the same thing. That is why I love them so much! They are like little kids out there on a playground! Wait until you get 6 of them doing it together.. Great entertainment!
__________________

__________________
29G Pool Filter Sand, 29G Gravel, 10G Fry, 1.5G RCS
Bman024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #102
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bkiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Massachusettes
Posts: 1,264
{gasp} Now I want more!!!! I want to see a group getting tossed around bumping into things
__________________

__________________
bkiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #103
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkiggy View Post
{gasp} Now I want more!!!! I want to see a group getting tossed around bumping into things
This is why i love corydoras,they pretty active entertaining catfish
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #104
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
New2me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 415
Here are my sterbai... Call them the lost boys!! Always searching, busy lol sometimes they fly up and down the same piece of glass together for a while...are they

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2236127834.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	148370

bored??:-( hope not, they are very active, going to get them a couple of panda buddies soon!
__________________
New2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:45 AM   #105
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2me View Post
Here are my sterbai... Call them the lost boys!! Always searching, busy lol sometimes they fly up and down the same piece of glass together for a while...are they

bored??:-( hope not, they are very active, going to get them a couple of panda buddies soon!
They lovely,i don't think they bored mine does that a lot up.and down glass,rooting about up and down plant leaves plus rests in between,they are active little catfish,i love them soooo adorable,ive had a few cories and they all did that !!!
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 AM   #106
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
New2me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalfishlady View Post

They lovely,i don't think they bored mine does that a lot up.and down glass,rooting about up and down plant leaves plus rests in between,they are active little catfish,i love them soooo adorable,ive had a few cories and they all did that !!!
Glad to hear that, thanks!! Hope they school with the panda's I hope to get cute
__________________
New2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #107
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
tropicalfishlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2me View Post

Glad to hear that, thanks!! Hope they school with the panda's I hope to get cute
Hope so,i think they can still school with other kinds so.i gather
__________________
tropicalfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #108
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Cleggat's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 501
I adore my corydoras. I have one rabauti, one emerald, one sterbai and one albino. They enjoy each others company and have bred to give me some gorgeous fry, for anyone that's wondering, the unfertilized/unsuccessful eggs stay white, the fertilized ones turn a yellowish tan -

In this picture, if you look just above the pipette you'll see a (grey coloured) fry that's only a day old -




2 months old -







Next to their father at 3 months -



And braving open spaces -

__________________
Keep your friends close, but keep your anemones closer.


Cleggat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #109
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bkiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Massachusettes
Posts: 1,264
I now have 1 albino, 2 Black Venezuela , 4 stripped , 4 Sterbaii, 2 skunk, 8 Eques Corys
- my other tank has 2 skunk, 2 Red Venezuela , 2 Peppered,
__________________
bkiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #110
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
New2me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleggat View Post
I adore my corydoras. I have one rabauti, one emerald, one sterbai and one albino. They enjoy each others company and have bred to give me some gorgeous fry, for anyone that's wondering, the unfertilized/unsuccessful eggs stay white, the fertilized ones turn a yellowish tan -

In this picture, if you look just above the pipette you'll see a (grey coloured) fry that's only a day old -

2 months old -

Next to their father at 3 months -

And braving open spaces -
Brilliant pics!! Beautiful little guys, keep posting pics as they mature pls
__________________

__________________
New2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cory, corydora, corydoras

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.