corydoras!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My new panda cory enjoying his new leaf! Got 3 of these cute wee guys! Love them!

image-3070260552.jpg

My new panda cory enjoying his new leaf! Got 3 of these cute wee guys! Love them!

Nice but I would suggest 2 more at least one more for them to feel secure they are awesome little fish and put on quite a show at night in the current.I have a few.

Nice but I would suggest 2 more at least one more for them to feel secure they are awesome little fish and put on quite a show at night in the current.I have a few.

They are in a tank with 2 Venezuela corys and 2 ottos and some RCS so thought they would be ok? I will be transferring the 2 Venezuela corys to my bigger tank eventually so might get 2 more pandas then but thought different corys could get on or am I mistaken? They seem happy together so far.

You shouod be ok untill you move the others. It's hit or miss on wether different breeds will shoal together or not. But it is reccomended to have 4+ of each.

2 of my 6 Cory matae's/bandit cories!!

Got them in a little over a week ago after almost a year long hunt for some in a decent price range.
Absolutely my favorite out of the corydora species, they do like to hide, but they are out a lot more than my palateus and habrosus' ever were.

Attachments

• image-1769797700.jpg
    image-1769797700.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image-2006936415.jpg
    image-2006936415.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 57

Got them in a little over a week ago after almost a year long hunt for some in a decent price range.
Absolutely my favorite out of the corydora species, they do like to hide, but they are out a lot more than my palateus and habrosus' ever were.

Nice! I wanted a shoal of those bit since I was only doing a 20g and slightly overstocking it I went with pandas.

Nice! I wanted a shoal of those bit since I was only doing a 20g and slightly overstocking it I went with pandas.

Wouldn't they have grown to be around the same size? I have always wanted panda's, they are adorable as all heck, but when I saw the matae's for the first time I knew I had to keep tank space open for some lol

Wouldn't they have grown to be around the same size? I have always wanted panda's, they are adorable as all heck, but when I saw the matae's for the first time I knew I had to keep tank space open for some lol

I don't remember the max size of the bandits but I was told the pandas were the 2nd smallest ones my lfs could get and I didn't want dwarf corys. But I will be doing 4 albinos, 4 bandits and 4 others when I set up my next planted tank. So I decided to wait on them.

Edit: I just looked them both up and yup they both max out at 2" I was thinking the pandas were max 1.5" for some reason. LoL mabey ill add a pair to my tank to chill with the pandas. They should shoal together they don't look much different.

Last edited:
I don't remember the max size of the bandits but I was told the pandas were the 2nd smallest ones my lfs could get and I didn't want dwarf corys. But I will be doing 4 albinos, 4 bandits and 4 others when I set up my next planted tank. So I decided to wait on them.

Edit: I just looked them both up and yup they both max out at 2" I was thinking the pandas were max 1.5" for some reason. LoL mabey ill add a pair to my tank to chill with the pandas. They should shoal together they don't look much different.

Yeah, I was looking it up and saw the bandits got to 2" and pandas go to about 2.5" max sized, not too big a difference.
They should definitely shoal together, similar markings. Now if you were talking about peppered and albino or something I'd say that wouldn't work (tried it before lol)

Might as well go for the 4 albino, 4 panda, and 4 bandits! Lol
I really like juhlii's as well, I hear they stay pretty small, but I already have too many bottom feeders in tanks between plecos and existing cories

Yeah, I was looking it up and saw the bandits got to 2" and pandas go to about 2.5" max sized, not too big a difference.
They should definitely shoal together, similar markings. Now if you were talking about peppered and albino or something I'd say that wouldn't work (tried it before lol)

Might as well go for the 4 albino, 4 panda, and 4 bandits! Lol
I really like juhlii's as well, I hear they stay pretty small, but I already have too many bottom feeders in tanks between plecos and existing cories

I would do pandas but I really like julli also or a long finned of some kind.

Gorgeous :)

Yw u love cory catfish,i have 4 salt and pepper cory's aka cory habrosus and they are the cutest little guys and they are housed with my Crowntail fighter Merlin :) and he is fine with,he did flare briefly with them now he is great with them apart from nicking their food, the greedy little beggar and thats after his own food,i know fighters will eqt themselves to.death so I have to feed him at top while trying to put catfish wafers so he can't find them but he still does I think I should of named him Dyson ha ha ;-)

Yw u love cory catfish,i have 4 salt and pepper cory's aka cory habrosus and they are the cutest little guys and they are housed with my Crowntail fighter Merlin :) and he is fine with,he did flare briefly with them now he is great with them apart from nicking their food, the greedy little beggar and thats after his own food,i know fighters will eqt themselves to.death so I have to feed him at top while trying to put catfish wafers so he can't find them but he still does I think I should of named him Dyson ha ha ;-)

Nice!!
I have a single peppered (sold off his group and thought he was with them) along with 4 habrosus, he likes to school with them which is pretty cool to see a peppered swim mid-level as his old group always used to stay hidden on the bottom. They are in a 28 with my apisto trifasciata trio and some guppies, an my male HMPK betta. Oh and a single quarter sized angel and some bristlenose pleco juveniles.
My bandits (only 5 out of the original 6 left) are in a 29 with angels, guppies, a sorority of female bettas, Bolivian ram fry, GBR Juvenile females, and a mated pair of albino bristlenose plecos. Sounds overstocked, I know. But water quality is great and they all have tons of space, not crowded at all, most of them are just temporary residents till I get my next 55 set up.

I'll had to post some pictures of my peppered and habrosus and new ones of my bandits.

Back
Top Bottom