Corydoras weitzmani

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppyman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Greeting. In honor of this girl spawning 2 nights ago, she decided to sit for a formal portrait. Only got about 18 eggs, but since this species has never had a documented captive spawning, we should all keep our fingers crossed.

The natural habitat of this species is severely threatened and a few breeders are working hard to develop a captive breeding program, spearheaded by renowned Coryologist, Ian Fuller and the Catfish Study Group in the UK. - Frank/Guppyman®

c_weitzmani_fr_f_aa.jpg

Attachments

• c_weitzmani_fr_f_aa.jpg
    c_weitzmani_fr_f_aa.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 64
  • c_weitzmani_fr_f_aa_285.jpg
    c_weitzmani_fr_f_aa_285.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 62
  • c_weitzmani_fr_f_aa_200.jpg
    c_weitzmani_fr_f_aa_200.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 48
Very nice as always! Are those the eggs in the background behind the tail? Hope you have a good hatch.

Coryologist....sounds like something that requires an M.D. and six years of internship/residency training! :lol:

Coryologist

QTOFFER said:
Very nice as always! Are those the eggs in the background behind the tail? Hope you have a good hatch.
Thanks. Not eggs. Sand. To lazy to remove in PS. :)

Coryologist....sounds like something that requires an M.D. and six years of internship/residency training! :lol:
Well, I have been trying to come up with a name for a Cory site. This was all I could think of.

That's a great pose - and great news on the spawning! :)

I'm lucky enough to live down the road from Ian Fuller - he comes to our aquarist society meetings. I have 4 C139 growing on that he gave us to rear. Good man Ian :)

Attachments

• img00751.jpg
    img00751.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 46
  • img00751_180.jpg
    img00751_180.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 55
Stuart said:
I'm lucky enough to live down the road from Ian Fuller - he comes to our aquarist society meetings. I have 4 C139 growing on that he gave us to rear. Good man Ian :)

Can I make you 'disappear' and take your place? :wink:

Toirtis said:
Stuart said:

Can I make you 'disappear' and take your place? :wink:

LOL Envy is a terrible thing :lol:

Stuart said:
That's a great pose - and great news on the spawning! :)
Thanks. The eggs are looking good at about 60 hours. About another 60 to go. :)
Nice! Ian is the best. - Frank/Guppyman®

I'm lucky enough to have some C121 that have spawned occasionally - never hatched though. My successful hatchings in corys are limited to bronzes - still fun though :)

Back
Top Bottom