Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

The zoas are covering a huge rock. The hammer is 1 head.... The trumpet is 7, the brain is like 5x2, palys are covering a big rock, monti is 5x5, like 7 shrooms, anthelia is like 10 polyps.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pics. Some look better in person...... Hopefully the hammer will be ok. The bat is picking..... So i put some seaweed in and she stopped. Stupid algae. Lol

Should I try one more condy? Idk where my other one went but the bat
Didn't eat it. There's a 5" one at petco for $6.50. Yes or no???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3228338441.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	131787   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4140500154.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	131788  

Name:	image-4203889666.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	131789   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3154267520.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	131790  

Name:	image-3943510484.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	131791   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2819672780.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	131792  

Name:	image-3827208516.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	131793   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-365593854.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	131794  

Old 11-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Happy bday! Looks good. I want those Acans lol.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Looks like you are improving some on the algae. You do realize that those large predatory fish are not reef safe and they are going to eat the soft corals (like the zoas) that you have added right? It may take a while for them to start disappearing, but they will. Corals are animals, therefore predatory fish are going to consume them. Just thought you should be aware.

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had a toadstool that was fine for a year before my anemone and a torch that is thriving after 1.5 years so I'm not worried.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crister13 View Post
I had a toadstool that was fine for a year before my anemone and a torch that is thriving after 1.5 years so I'm not worried.
Mushrooms secret chemicals and are generally large and thick enough that they are unpalatable. Torches have long stinging tentacles and are a hard coral, able to retract. The softies that you have added have none of these features. Its good that you're not worried, but I foresee trouble in your future. Hopefully you have the best of luck.

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I understand what your saying but I have kept zoas before and they were thriving and died because they got burried. I'm not concerned at all.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
I understand what your saying but I have kept zoas before and they were thriving and died because they got burried. I'm not concerned at all.
So you lost zoas before because they were buried by you large predator fish, and you already lost a candy cane coral this time around, but you're not worried? I'm glad it is your money and not mine, but I do have to feel bad for the coral that you are choosing to serve up as dinner.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Actually the candy cane opened up and is fine. Second of all, when did I say the zoas were buried by my fish? I switched substrate and moved everything around and they fell off of the rock and got stuck under the sand. This is an update thread. I'm not looking for advice, and I would wish no one would give any unless asked to.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Actually the candy cane opened up and is fine. Second of all, when did I say the zoas were buried by my fish? I switched substrate and moved everything around and they fell off of the rock and got stuck under the sand. This is an update thread. I'm not looking for advice, and I would wish no one would give any unless asked to.
I see, ok since you know best, I will bow out. However I couldn't allow your thread showing what I consider to be extremely poor practice to go without comment, as others may view your thread as a "to try example." Also, you might want to keep the practice you suggested in that last line in mind as you are posting in other peoples threads.

Tags
reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com