Current pics of the 80 gal saltwater (LOTS OF PICS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I had the camera out today so I took some pics of the 80 to show some progress over the last few months.

Here is a full tank shot of the 80

80_gal_full_feb_2003.jpg

Here is a shot of some hairy mushrooms when i got them.

Hairy_Shroom_Rock.sized.jpg

Man they are a said sight.

Same mushrooms but a few months later

hairy_shroom_feb_2003.jpg

Much better color and they are much larger. The green is very florecent with only the actinics on. THis shot was taken at mid day with all lights on.

Here is a shot of my hammer back in dec when it got it.

Hammer_Coral2_001.jpg

And now today

hammer_coral_feb_2003.jpg

The plate coral in Dec

Plate_Coral2.jpg

And today

plate_coral_feb_2003.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

I can hardly wait till spring so I can get some more corals in there. Once I add my two goby's to the tank it will be complete as far as fish goes.

All your corals have seen a significant improvement. Very good job. I know alot of us already know you setup, but how about listing your lighting what additives (if any) for new users and guests on the site.

I use 4 96W PC bulbs. 2 of them are 10K and 2 are actinic. The actinics come on before the 10K's by about an hour and go off after the 10K's about an hour.

The additives I use is Pickling lime dripped as a replacment for water evaporation.

Thats it.

Oh also I dont have a skimmer on this tank.

What's pickling lime? We are constantly adding water at least every 2 days, but then we have a skimmer

Back
Top Bottom