Cute little dojo antics ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirensong

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here are some more dojo pics, including one little guy being caught in the act of kissing a mermaid! Didn't turn him into a prince, though, because he already is a little prince of a fishy! Enjoy ....

Attachments

• resized 20% Two mermaids, dojo kissing up.jpg
    resized 20% Two mermaids, dojo kissing up.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 387
  • resized to 15%, Agile Acrobat, jumping dojo and resting dojo, May 2011, former tank.jpg
    resized to 15%, Agile Acrobat, jumping dojo and resting dojo, May 2011, former tank.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 230
  • resized to 15%, Harry Houdini, dojo contortion act, May 2011, former tank.jpg
    resized to 15%, Harry Houdini, dojo contortion act, May 2011, former tank.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 220
  • resized 25% Dojo foraging in floating plants, 2011.jpg
    resized 25% Dojo foraging in floating plants, 2011.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 235
Awe they look great!!! I had one about a year ago. It was very sad to loose him! I'm thinking about getting another one pretty soon though :)

If you get another, Reiner, please remember that they do best in cooler water -- consistently no warmer than 70F, and that they are very social and keeping two or more is better for them. A single dojo by itself may not be as happy or as outgoing as a pair or three.

How did yours demise? Maybe I can help, as mine have stayed healthy the entire time I've had them, thus far.

They are bottom feeders, so need access to sinking foods.

A tight lid on your tank is a MUST, as dojos are notorious for jumping out. I have lost two others due to escaping and not having discovered them outside the tank in time to save them. Now, nobody gets out of my tank, as it is escape-proof!

If you have any questions, I would be happy to advise you -- as dojos are such fun to watch, and such cute little fish.

Glad you enjoy the pics. And thanks ...

-- sirensong

I <3 dojos!!! LOL we had a lone one in my tank growing up and he would actually swim into my hand and lay there, eat out my hand and everything...I guess he didn't get lonely! He lived for years before my parents sold their tank.

sirensong said:
If you get another, Reiner, please remember that they do best in cooler water -- consistently no warmer than 70F, and that they are very social and keeping two or more is better for them. A single dojo by itself may not be as happy or as outgoing as a pair or three.

How did yours demise? Maybe I can help, as mine have stayed healthy the entire time I've had them, thus far.

They are bottom feeders, so need access to sinking foods.

A tight lid on your tank is a MUST, as dojos are notorious for jumping out. I have lost two others due to escaping and not having discovered them outside the tank in time to save them. Now, nobody gets out of my tank, as it is escape-proof!

If you have any questions, I would be happy to advise you -- as dojos are such fun to watch, and such cute little fish.

Glad you enjoy the pics. And thanks ...

-- sirensong

He died when I was moving from Texas to Ohio :( I only lost 2 fish on the trip but sadly he was one of them. I didn't have a heater in the tank so it stayed at a good temp for him. I do feed bloodworms and sinking pellets in the tank, he seemed to love the bloodworms! I didn't know about keeping multiple together so I will def keep that in mind if I get an opportunity to get a few in the future. Thanks for the tips!!

My pampered little dojos -- actually, ALL of my pampered fishes -- have maid service. I just did a 45% water change and rinsed the filter media (in discarded tank water), so they have a clean filter, now, too. After I finished that, I fed them. Their very own maid and cleaning lady! Plus, that super-duper luxury cave I got them awhile back with the rooftop garden (albeit silk), I selected just for them because they love the shelter and feel more secure and less exposed inside of it.

That's what they get for being so doggone cute! Thoroughly spoiled with the good life.

Now, if any of them start demanding their own telephone or TV, they're out of luck. LOL! :D

Back
Top Bottom