Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know there will be lots of cichlids but they carry some unusual stock (for here) as well but don't stock bettas I think from memory. It's tempting, any ideas on extra fish?

Did ask, we agreed Rams may not suit as I wanted hardy fish (plus none in stock :( ). Looked at some nice barbs and danios but didn't want a school of fish. Was bit of a novelty looking at fish though instead of plants!

Ended up with 2 yoyo loaches, 3 (smaller than I thought) Congo tetras and a blue (3 spot) gourami. I think the gourami should look good under the lights as it gets bigger. Fingers crossed the tetras are left alone by the angelfish or that will be an expensive snack.

Probably kicked up some muck from the substrate putting the water in.

Almost suggested a Gourami. Then couldn't really decide which one to suggest. I presently have an adopted Opaline Gourami (came from someone my daughter knew) and didn't really want one particularly. It is a nice fish and does show up very well in the tank, with mine having a black background.

Previously had a 3 Spot and a male Pearl Gourami which was one of my favorite fish together and they got along well. Pretty much just left each other alone and didn't get in each others way.

Just what size are the Congos?

Could well be, hopefully it clears up :) Will try for pics tomorrow when hopefully it clears a bit more.

The tetras are about an inch long (3 for $22 so really hoping the angelfish leave them alone - so far, so good). One male and two females I think. No real colour.

Speaking of which my last black female Molly seems to have decided the angelfish need a lesson. In theory the angelfish should be favourites but I've noticed mollies don't seem to put up with much either.

There was a male Congo tetra in shop at about 1 and half to two inches. Ok colour but I think mine at ~3 inches are much better :)

Was bit of a novelty to see my new yoyo loaches swimming around before 8am as well (unlike the other pair). This time hopefully I can keep them from jumping out when young.

I'm tempted on a pearl gourami. This blue one has nice colour.

Last edited:
Yes, those Congos you have are gems. Hope the young ones grow into a nice coloration as well. I think the ones at our lfs that carries them on occassion were 8.99.

Yoyos are fun looking creatures, have seen them in a few videos and they were having a good time. Maybe you need a few more since they are enjoyable fish? :)

I was hoping IOS10 for the iphone would make copying files easier but it seems to have gone backwards :(

Tank is still clearing and I think I've been over-feeding to keep the angelfish happy.

I could get some more loaches in if I didn't have this bumble catfish getting massive. Makes the catfish and loaches look small now. Will try and get a photo on the 10 seconds it appears each day!

On the bottom left is a new yoyo loach, older one on the bottom right. Gourami and new small tetras in the very top right.

Anyways that's the fish, onto the plants! Very happy with back of tanks - plants are showing above sunken plane and filling in nicely. The centre front is ok - the hygro has decided to advance by stealth and creep along the bottom so just keeping it pruned every week.

The sides have some growing to do now all the red alt has been thrown out. Eventually I want a hedge of java fern along the front now. And then red/green stem plants on sides. Crypts, etc up the back.

74564-albums13177-picture70620.jpg

GSA is mainly sticking to the glass so a bit lucky there. Still minimal algae but dare not take lights any higher and will let the t5ho bulbs stay as is until xmass I think. Tempted to swap to LEDs completely but everything is pretty much set nicely so must resist temptation to experiment (will never get another tank if I don't stop mucking around with this one..)

It is hard to make the change.

Though size wise hardly a comparison, but on my original Fluval Edge 6.6G had the halogens - 1st generation version and grew things very nicely for low to medium plants, after 2 years of waffling on the decision (even had the new LED light fixture to retrofit into the original equipment) made the change and it DID mess up my plants and the tank wasn't the same, had to do a complete change!!!

So BE cautious!

Is the pilot still trapped in the plane?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is the pilot still trapped in the plane?

Lives out of the fridge and competes with kids for ice cream :) (which would explain why it disappears so quick!).

Sometimes think about replacing it all with a small tree stump with roots or something.

Do what YOU want! If you like your tank then keep it that way, if it makes you smile or smirk, than keep it. Sometimes a change in tank decor can help and sometimes it ruins everything! <3

Lives out of the fridge and competes with kids for ice cream :) (which would explain why it disappears so quick!).

Sometimes think about replacing it all with a small tree stump with roots or something.

It's a cool piece. I've never seen one like it. Ice cream eating pilot and all....

:). True on changing ornaments around. I have been offered a sunken old sailing boat which I think would be nice with the height but this all works for the moment.

Picked up so seed growing pots to try growing the flower seeds. Not sure there are any seeds but was told I should get more flowers anyways.

I don't know if this catfish can be seen (head is just under and to left of light flare) but I reckon it has a bioload of all my catfish and loaches put together :(

Well maybe not that bad but it pushes the loaches and catfish aside, grabs some food, I see it for 10 seconds and then .... that's it for the day :)

No more impulse auction buys!!

Catfish with a little cornmeal breading can be tasty for dinner. Keep fattening him up. Lol

Back
Top Bottom