Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the first one?

Tried pennywort with no luck. Maybe different now as better setup.

Bought duckweed and was told it would take over the tank. Look nice, then fish ate out the centres of the plants and that was it.

B. Carolina. Just melted away like a beast. I have three pieces left that grooow slooooow. I probably gave up to soon on it. It always makes me feel great when someone says. I can grow any plant lol.

Too much light on a Java fern? I had my Aqueon LED lights and the Java was on the bottom left of the tank. I got the new Finnex Planted + for Christmas and now the Java is at the top of the tank on a big piece of wood. No color change?

I however am truly envious of anyone who can kill a plastic plant and bow down to your mystical powers.

Too much light on a Java fern? I had my Aqueon LED lights and the Java was on the bottom left of the tank. I got the new Finnex Planted + for Christmas and now the Java is at the top of the tank on a big piece of wood. No color change?

I however am truly envious of anyone who can kill a plastic plant and bow down to your mystical powers.

It's odd - such a rapid change in leaf colour. It's not that powerful a light in the small tank I don't think either. Will leave it there and see what it does.

Yep, plastic plants can be added to the extensive list :) I did leave these in a bucket overnight so hopefully that's it. Betta is fine. Will check on pond snail in morning.

Like a death sentence for plants isn't it when you have just bought the plants and the lfs says 'ooh, nice lot - love these, so easy to grow'.... I can practically hear the plants shrivelling up.

Ouch there. I do get some tips brown off but I think the tank depth saves them. Although they took ages to get going though.

Some of the leaves in the small tank are still white / very pale green. Kind of wondering if I did something as some of the plastic plants look very white (not green) as well. Betta still fine. That will impress the lfs - killing off plastic plants as well :( Will have to check them this weekend.

ROFL...so glad to hear I am not the only one killing the easiest plants in the world to grow. Like Hornwort (they say its like a weed...) B.carolina dead, Hygro, bye bye, etc.......

Plastic plants is quite something thought!!!

Nice to reconfirm we all have some issues.

Tested PAR at surface and got a dismal 70 on 2 month old bulbs. Must be wrong - 8 month old bulbs were 80 and new ones at xmass were 140. Will re-clean and re-test this weekend. Plus still getting algae on glass.

I've compromised on flowers. The plant had 8 stems, I'd prefer none. So kept the 3 nicest flowers which are still doing well after the water change.

Whooo-hooo!!

Finally got a half decent photo of the bumble bee catfish (after 6 or 12 months!). Must be about 6 or 7 inches long. Absolutely dwarfs full grown yoyo loaches.

Lol!

Picked up some more Congo tetras on weekend to bring school to 15. Big difference now in school behaviour. I'm not sure if first lot bought were just particularly darty but now the school is hanging around front of tank looking much more relaxed.

Photos required dedicated patience. Unless you have trained the fish to come and stay.

Not these lot - either photo-bombing hogs searching for food or seen once in a blue moon :(

Hoping the new Congo tetras colour up well. Bit pale at moment.

Lol!

Picked up some more Congo tetras on weekend to bring school to 15. Big difference now in school behaviour. I'm not sure if first lot bought were just particularly darty but now the school is hanging around front of tank looking much more relaxed.

Wonderful news for everyone. The BB catfish is awesome looking!

Got his good side - the other side needs to go on a diet. :)

Now if I can just stop the yoyo loaches jumping I'll be happy.

Worse fish for jumping I've ever had. I realised I've been taking the feeding triangle cover off, feeding them tropical green cubes they hate in main tank but have to eat up, then betta tank, then some pellets back in main tank. Thinking back one or two have jumped out while feeding so I'll have to put cover on straight away after each feeding.

Pictus catfish got suggested to buy but I'm stubbornly sticking with yoyo's for moment.

Back
Top Bottom