Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terrible shot of the betta and Java Fern (which is not really happy but surviving).

74564-albums13177-picture71132.jpg

Really happy with his finage too. It got a bit tattered last year but the large water changes seem to have worked. Grudgingly accepts the pond snail, not keen on any fingers shifting anything.

Really happy with his finage too. It got a bit tattered last year but the large water changes seem to have worked. Grudgingly accepts the pond snail, not keen on any fingers shifting anything.

lol it's a relationship where you live to serve his needs.

Love that I can learn along with you! Maybe some day will venture into CO2 maybe winter I might have more time at home. I should stay away from the auctions but always help out they NEED me to go, lol!$!$!

Having food nicked from under you? Could be a yoyo loach problem...

Can't grow delicate grasses? That would be the catfish rhinos.

Love that I can learn along with you! Maybe some day will venture into CO2 maybe winter I might have more time at home. I should stay away from the auctions but always help out they NEED me to go, lol!$!$!

It's hard to see but almost instant pale leaves on the ferns going into a non-CO2 tank. But was going to get thrown out from main tank so thought to try. Got another auction next month :) Not sure on attending yet - really shouldn't.

Picked up another amazon marble sword today to replace the melon sword. One of the replanted crypts has long leaves and is getting pulled out by filter flow so will have to replant tomorrow.

Also picked up the JBL strip cardboard test kit where the cards are read as a photo by the iphone and colours converted to readings. I'm having a bit of trouble taking shots without shadows so like the test but still figuring it out. First cardboard strip test that I think is plausible though. Does Nitrite, Nitrate, GH, KH, PH, CHL, CO2 (calc'd from KH & PH which is my tank could be ok'ish).

https://www.jbl.de/en/proscan

NITRITE:
JBL - 0.25 (re-tested 0.25).
API - 0 (hmm, shadows?).

NITRATE:
JBL - 50
API - 5 to 10 (stuffed if I know, I got a high reading from API mid-week so this one is a surprise, maybe I'll just use the reading I like).

GH:
JBL - 7+
API - 7 or 8 (yay, match).

KH:
JBL - 8
API - 6
Pool test 3-solution kit - 4.5 (I give up!)

Chl:
JBL - 0.8 (re-test later - 0. Shadows?? ).
Pool test (tablet) kit - 0.

PH:
JBL - 6.8 (retest - 7)
Pool/API - 6.8 (makes sense).

CO2:-
JBL - 35ppm (retest 30ppm) --> makes sense, which therefore says the KH and PH must also make sense as it calc's CO2 from these.

That is just way too high tech. Maybe when I can just dip my phone in the water I'll convert.

I think it adjusts or compares colours so possible in any light as well. I just need to find a really good spot with no shadows. Another member was very happy with it. From Germany I think.

I wish my phone could take readings :)

Results for the betta tank (nitrates are actually very low so could be possible). Can graph over time, store for different tanks, etc

I'm going to re-test API nitrates tonight and see what reading I get (then give up :) ).

The app is from JBL as well. Once it takes a photo then it loads it into the app for displaying and graphing. It takes a photo as soon as it can so I've been having trouble finding a shadow-free spot as we have so many down lights in the house. Stuffed up the third strip but the fourth strip took maybe two minutes (of which 1 minute is just waiting and finding a good spot). My trouble is I have too many test kits....

Shifted several crypts around that were getting pulled out by filter flow on their long leaves. Fingers crossed they cope with getting shifted a second time. The second marble sword seems to be settling ok. So pretty well planted out unless anything pops up that can go on the driftwood (assuming it all survives).

The aponogeton is happy again and sending out flower stems - managed to find a spot at back of tank but might be too close to light, will have to train it to send flower stems to front of tank again.

Bit of green spot algae but pretty much just wishing I could fast forward a month to see what happens.

That's encouraging news on the crypts!

I think if it's for science it shouldn't count as an impulse buy. The cost though. Eek. [emoji51]

Below is aponogeton from this morning:

And tonight:

So cool and purty.. Love plants that grow above the water line like that

I'm thinking of building a HOB Riparium Filtration unit for my tank this Fall. love to see more flowering plants

Back
Top Bottom