Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty camera shy but here we go.

74564-albums13177-picture71580.jpg

Thanks! They are! Even the family were impressed. Went with white to add a bit of colour.

The Barbs don’t have a lot of colour but as the shop said - no danger of them missing a party and starving :)

It appears the java fern needs pruning again. It's very forgiving from last mass pruning but needs another hedge mow. Noticing the catfish having to bash their way through again or just loiter on top.

74564-albums13177-picture71598.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture71597.jpg

Nice clear pics!

The new Angel(s) is pretty cool, will be interesting to see if they get some iridescence as they get bigger. My big long fin looked more of a silver as a younger fish and now as it is more of an adult, has so much more blue tint in the light.

Don't think I mentioned that at the recent fish auction I saw a Bumble Bee cat like yours, pretty big too. Was nice to get to see one up close.

I’d love to see one up close too :) Will have to check now I come to think of it. Usually see a rustle in the java fern most nights.

That’s a good point on colour. I wanted another colour but thought these would give a bit of colour as the barbs are drab.

Magnetic Coral Frag Rock Long - also a nano version made by Tunze.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/magnetic-coral-frag-rock-long-tunze.html

This is sort of what I was thinking and here someone else already did all the hard work. But you pay heartily for their effort. :) This is of course for SW but you could easily adapt the idea and or product for your own needs. Moss or Anubias would sit in there nicely.

Good idea. I must chase up what happened to the order on the other ones.

Just kind of letting it go for the moment but the missing buce did reappear again so still alive :) The java fern needs drastic trimming.

I’m not sure how but will be shifting in January so looking like one or two complete tank pull-downs early next year (yikes)!

Ok, so been a while.

Tank is still going ok except as per usual the CO2 bottle runs out at end of weekend when shops are shut. [emoji51]

It looks like I’ll be moving several times next year and probably rental houses. Hopefully buy on last house. I talked with one rental agency and a fish tank was possible as long as I had contents insurance so ok I think.

Or I could pack the 4ft away in storage for a year but all my plants and fish would be lost. I could keep a few small tanks though.

At xmass I’m thinking I’ll just leave one canister filter going and pack up the other canister filter plus internal filter. Remove all substrate and ornaments. Plants can just float around and hopefully survive. Keep the CO2 and lights going as that should be simple to pack.

Then for shifting, I’m thinking just fish and plants in water, drain tank and maybe get someone into transport it.

Any other ideas on keeping tanks simple for shifting and also for moving them?

Oh man! Do you have anyone who could keep it set up for you while you move around? Some relatives who appreciate it?

Its a nice idea! My father has promised to clean out a room to use for storage but geez not much room there. Yeah, going to be a lot of pain next year.

We saw a big work table in big wheels at a shop. I told my hubbie I should get it and put my tank on it. And just wheel it around the house for water changes. Lol.

Thanks, yes handy. Reckon on bumps. Watched a few u-tube videos of tank moves (and them going wrong!). Yeah, tough one. Some really expensive plants so would be nice to keep it going.

Maybe it would fit at my fathers place and I could put other stuff in storage. Got xmass to sort out I guess.

Thumbs up for keeping tank running and put ad the father's house and store other items vertically. Not sure how it is there but here you can get all kinds of nice things for great prices lightly used.

I would lighten the bioload of fish which aren't special and would be easy to replace like the striped maniac fish (lost the name for a second) and keep the beautiful ones. Maybe one extra filter to maintain good filtration just for the extra safety net.
The less moving really big tanks the better.

I must admit I was eyeing off getting rid of the spanner barbs. I’ve been getting splashed just about every night from feeding them and have to feed quite quickly in a certain order to get food to rams on bottom. Too complex for an auto-feeder. I like them but they don’t fit well.

I must admit I was eyeing off getting rid of the spanner barbs. I’ve been getting splashed just about every night from feeding them and have to feed quite quickly in a certain order to get food to rams on bottom. Too complex for an auto-feeder. I like them but they don’t fit well.

Ah the correct name!!! I kept getting minnow in my head but it didn't really match other than the vigorous feeding behavior.

Ah, sounds like these as well. Totally the opposite of the bumblebee catfish. This morning they were lined up across the top front of tank just about jumping on the spot in case any food went in. Hmm, going to be tough - like giving away puppies (er, except not really). Hmm, anyways got until January to sort something.

Back
Top Bottom