Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is 'top notch stuff ". Definitely worth using . Search proper install directions.
I have seen others with amazing results from using the ADA power sand..It is different sizes and the largest on top I believe will appear more like gravel..

It reads very well. Also I’ll check what tank depth it is suited for.

Disappointing a bit as looks ideal for crypts but planning on something simple in substrate for ferns. Maybe I might keep it in bag until I stop shifting around this year and get settled.

Tank looks incredibly boring at the moment but is simple to care for.

Power sand size is L as well so looks ideally suited for large tank. I'll keep the bag - still thinking how to use it.

Smokes though, I just saw on an Australian site the biggest bags are going for over $200!! Better send him another thank-you and put it away properly! Geez, could get a good second hand tank and stand for that - these planted tank people are fanatics....

Organised quotes from removalists. One was pretty funny - they said yes, but not full!! Must get some I guess....

Thinking I’ll pack up the other canister this weekend or next. Just leave the internal going. Little risky but got rid of some fish and base is still well planted. Moving in February.

I can't remember if we were discussing using multiple drop checkers here or elsewhere(?) but thought this might be of interest. Last night I got readings off the ph pen over the tank. For info the tank is 4ft x 2ft x 2.5ft (high).

On the back right corner, the reading was 6.7. This matched the PH probe on the CO2 injection. I do wonder if a little low but has been calibrated recently.

Front centre of tank either side of centre brace (about a foot apart) came back at 6.5 for both readings.

The back left corner of tank above the CO2 reactor came back at 6.2 or 6.3. Was moving around.

The water flow had just switched off for feeding. I'll have to try it on next time.

I had never heard of a drop checker. I will need to check into this. Your tank is coming along nicely!!!!

I had never heard of a drop checker. I will need to check into this. Your tank is coming along nicely!!!!

Yeah still going ok. Looked at shifting it with a few friends and though nah, get people in to do it. The bolbitis is looking a bit black on top growth - need to have a look but haven’t been keeping up or testing much on ferts. Might be too high light now.

Turned down part of the LED lights to see if any improvement to bolbitis.

Removalists booked to shift everything on last weekend of February.

Planning to pull down the other canister filter today. Next few weekends pretty busy. Just leave the internal filter going. I think I’ll see about ordering spare o-rings in case.

I’ve packed up one canister filter for shifting. Going to pack up the other today. I’ve reduced fish but will be running just off the internal filter plus plants.

The rental said the fish tank was fine so can keep it running. And organised removalists for last weekend of month. But want to get as much small stuff around there as I can / not waste any time on moving day as these guys charge by the hour.

Sigh, yes - it’s just sitting empty so will have to re-cycle. Both canister filters are cleaned so can just pick up and shift.

So Saturday drain tank and fish / plants / gravel into buckets. Shift Sunday with removalists. Hopefully Sunday or Monday fill tank and plants / gravel / fish back in.

I don’t think I’ll add a fancy substrate at this stage. Will just add back in existing gravel and let tank settle.

Guess I’ll have to have a clean out as well.

Fish still alive so far :) The bolbitis is looking a bit dreadful now though. Away for several days so fingers crossed. The java fern as usual doesn’t seem to have a care in the world.

I removed the remaining buce - seems my fish like it too much (grrr) and getting to be a lost cause.

Society auction night was a great night. Didn’t pick up anything as had to leave early but lots of fish, plants and other tank stuff.

Java fern getting pale leaves so high light / low ferts issue (if same as small tank). Getting pulled down in two weekends so not too bothered.

Got keys to rental and there is a power point for tank. A gas bayonet there as well which is maybe bit of a nuisance but will just bring tank out from wall a bit.

Back
Top Bottom