Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well not sure where the weekend goes - another water change done. All goes well with fish, plants not so well so waiting still to see if they improve. Next week a week off so perhaps time to redo tank.

07215884d63d21fd991fa4a3aa6e17e6.jpg

d6103cfe2f272349831442ffeee56ad8.jpg

Sorry, photos a bit crappy.

Tank still in a holding pattern and started looking around at places to buy but this rental goes for another 5 months or so.

Still got the $70 voucher for aquarium shop which I must get on and spend lol.

I like the Platinum Angel. Looks bright in your tank.

Maybe I can get a few baby Platinum's and trade them in when they get to be too feisty and either fight or want to eat the Neons. ;)

They love it - got a TV and they have been lined up on one side watching that. Or it seems like it (maybe just watching me in case of food - wonder how far fish can see outside a tank).

Noticing some green algae start to show on the glass after starting nitrates dosing. Not too bad but hoping that means the plants will start doing better as well.

They love it - got a TV and they have been lined up on one side watching that. Or it seems like it (maybe just watching me in case of food - wonder how far fish can see outside a tank).

I knew of a woman who had tanks on opposite sides of the room with an Oscar in each. They clearly saw each other according to her.

Wow - that's further than I thought. Now I feel like I'm being stalked - bad enough there is a narrow walkway now between sofa and tank. I turn around to find a posse of fish following along for four feet across the tank.

Sharing a wafer with the bn catfish ... erm, not my fault they can’t see me tucked way over here under driftwood at back of tank ...

76eb68762199cc015e78760e42a0d380.jpg

c46de61f00da0ab3b85f6b4ac643b557.jpg

c45ee075882a099529dce98f5d706774.jpg

Pulled the java fern and bolbitis out and cleaned them up. Rearranged the wood pile while I was at but pretty similar to before.

The ferts dosing has been helping. Plants looked better than before.

Thought about adding more substrate but couldn’t be bothered in the end.

Did add an anubias coffeefolia plant and hopefully it does well.

17580e7f18359e94c859b65e08fdf6c3.jpg

b8790a1ecdba1e23f9d375edef6f63bc.jpg

This lease goes for another 5 months and started looking around to hopefully buy a house so just left the tank in a holding pattern again. I think I have 40kg’s of planted substrate now sitting in bags so that should do it.

Probably did - the rams get them and stay just a few inches above the catfish. Poor catfish - the yoyo loaches dig under the catfish to get to a wafer. The smallest yoyo has vanished under a catfish a few times but seems to enjoy the hunt!

The left bit of wood popped up higher than I thought so the cut is visible so might try shifting but looks a bit wedged in there.

Was good to see the plants looking better than I thought.

True, should be grateful - very little algae. Just a bit of GSA on old anubias leaves. Have lowered lights a tad to save costs - just been thinking about bumping them up very slightly hmmm.

CO2 is also running light.

Back
Top Bottom