Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone used mesh pots in aquariums? I’m looking at possibly getting some large plants at auction tomorrow but won’t have the substrate depth for them. Hoping there are some nice looking mesh pots out there?

Not mesh, though you could stitch up a couple from tulle net or other material.

I have used the plastic pots and pond pots. Also am using terra cotta clay pots to hold a few plants in the pond. They have some stones over the top to help keep the soil in. But still problematic because I immediately knocked one over and soil went floating and spilled out and made a huge mess. That was just in the pond too, in the tank I would have died an early death.

I did well just floating plants with some plant weights so they stayed down at the bottom, and upright, directionally, like they were planted but they weren't.

I might have a look at pond pots. Some large plants might be at auction tonight. I was thinking if I can find any decent looking weave vase - I could put aqua soil pellets or something inside the vase with fibreglass fly mesh to stop anything leaking (simples lol). Was thinking something that allows a bit of water flow.

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/details.php?id=151

Sorry can't recall, but it seems I felt it was reasonable for the plant. Some cheaper/easier were from bulb or seeds. Lfs had a few bulbs barely starting to grow, and I didn't know if I could keep them after researching went back the next week and they were if course gone. Only have seen them since online sold out. Haven't looked for awhile now.

They get 24 inches tall or more so perfect for your tank.

Better than I thought - got one for $15 and couldn’t be bothered getting other one as was getting over $20. Small plants though. Also got some more ninja shrimp, club pens and leftover free curry! Cheap, good night.

Now to find a pot for it. Thanks for info.

Ok, so possibly got carried away on the pot. Pretty much saw pot and decided it was too good to pass up. Plant roots were showing this morning so need to replant on weekend but fingers crossed. The ADA power sand at base, a heap of ferts tabs from aqua green and the aqua soil pellets on top.

902741a0f2ff3ce1a2ea0ac2546651a1.jpg

b5fea120404614864cbc9c3c81803057.jpg

I’ve got no idea on the interest - it’s like a parking lot for catfish and loaches lol.

I weighted the plant down nicely with a plant weight but too far forward. One of the CO2 diffusers has stopped on that side so will tackle both tomorrow.

One of the catfish was lying right on top of it!! Tossed a wafer in to bribe them off it. Plant keeping - so simple and hours of fun...

Loaches! My Clown Loach sleeps laying sideways sometimes, which I forget for a moment and think it died fairly often and when I approach the tank it uprights and rushes to the front of the tank for food (of course)! Funny creatures!

Reckon!

Wish I had bid on the other plant now. The ninja shrimp have vanished so hoping some survive.

Shifted plant to middle of pot and cleaned out CO2 diffuser to get working again. Tempted to buy a backup but this model is such a pain.

On the other hand, I think one of the heaters really has gone this time. Do have a spare somewhere (unless I chucked it shifting house..).

Lasted about 6years - not sure if that is about normal?

The ph drop from CO2 injection is getting a bit dismal. I think I’ll go back to increasing the time injected before lights come on (plus a few other checks).

Tell the plant to toughen up so it can compete with the Loaches and Cats.

Sorry to hear it is not behaving. Maybe just a bit of difference from where it had come from and will be alright after some adjustment period.

Back
Top Bottom