Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don’t think I’d like it long term but for something different..

9b1b7386be6451b962721213a9fdcd14.jpg

Also it’s birthday month - a nice card from my Aunty.

138dcfc035b6fc736c65d1eb990aa05a.jpg

I can go back and forth between backgrounds, my 45g has a white rice paper cling film background and the 40b I just sprayed with plastidip. Sometimes I like one more than the other and sometimes I like the other more than the one :) I like the idea of something that you can switch out a little bit easier though.

Great looking birthday card. Happy Birthday month, lots of birthdays this month around here too.

I used the black plastic film on my 46G for a long time. It was useful, my basic favorite is the graduated blue aquarium film, but the rice paper is really good.

Rice paper - I’ll have to check that out. I need to clean the back as the straight black background shows up anything but could be as I’m really looking at it as well.

Auction night tonight!! Shouldn’t really buy anything...

:)

Thank goodness [emoji28] all done.

Only got a card out so I could let new comers know how suctions worked to ... honest ...

It’s 11.30pm. Still to get fish and help pack up. Another after midnight session settling fish in lol

If you look in the "my tank log" link in my signature you can see pictures of the tank with the rice paper background, to see if you like it or not. I've also been tempted to keep the rice paper for a textured look but to put a darker layer on the back of it since it's translucent, just to see how I like that too.

The new betta flared at the angelfish last night and chased off his guppy rival. The first fish was like ‘dude, I’m sleeping’ and the second fish had to slow down to draw it out.

All this morning, the betta (tank sorted!!), has been proudly fast asleep (half his luck!!), near the filter pipes. Will check this arvo but all looking settled.

Feels weird to have bought fish and not any plants though at auction.

Does he have a floating Betta log. And some stem plants floating on top to rest in.
When they aren't actually trying to kill the other fish, it so funny to watch them swim around trying to act bossy.

Long time ago I had a big female who spent her time hearding the Guppies, at the top of the tank and making sure the rest of the fish knew wher "spot" was, even thought it changed regularly!

Lol - could be this one. Was checking out his reflection yesterday.

The betta log sounds great idea.

The new timers are working well I think. Will check on weekend when more home. Might get one more for the filters so off at feeding time.

Bottom of tank is pretty crowded now - no more fish there!

Back
Top Bottom