Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First flower from the Anubias :)

0dd72583b35e1f76ff62d82aab3558c6.jpg

22403663e0cd8537b386606655d6d722.jpg

9ec8452282ededce936674335e16ecfb.jpg

d26288080326274b0ae54e128cfdfaed.jpg

That is a big flower, plant must be happy!

The potted bulbs, is it Barclaya Longifolia? Look like they are getting used to their digs.

The fish look hungry, lol! Because you are next to the tank and they think they need to eat! Kidding, but they do look good too!

Yes, that’s the one in pots. Settling in - not as big as I thought but as least it’s growing.

I confess I was trying to get photos so was waving fish food container in background :)

Having two bulbs turned off seems to have slowed down the GSA on glass a little. Still tempted to swap to all pink bulbs but haven’t worked up the enthusiasm yet to find where I put them :)

Sadly lost my male bn catfish of 7 years or so to old age. A cranky sod who put up with loaches stealing food from under him and was pretty entertaining.

So switching off two bulbs has slowed down the GSA. No longer seeing so much on glass. Still debating on swapping to all pink bulbs.

Aaaannd the bolbitis is pretty unhappy that I dosed a teaspoon of micro ferts to see if that made any difference to GSA. Lots of black tipped leaves. Anubias is all fine.

Oh yeah, summer time for you!

We had 60F / 15C. Which is considerably above normal for Denver metro Colorado in the winter. We aren't high up in the mountains where they have snow most the real winter time, lol. Why I do not live in the mountains. ;) .

Brrrr!! Although it got to 40C and everything is looking scorched here! Tank all good. Rescued the drop checker where it must of been knocked off, refilled and seems to holding on glass ok.

Merry Christmas [emoji319] everyone

May Santa bring you something for your fish tanks! Might have another flower on the Anubias - not sure if they need high light to flower? Seems to be just sitting there.

Will post I've done a water test as that will force me to do one :)

Bolbitus not very happy but the lower light is definitely helping with the GSA. I think the bolbitus really hated the high dose of micro ferts which I tried to kill off GSA. Not sure that it helped there or just reducing light.

Will post I've done a water test as that will force me to do one :)

Bolbitus not very happy but the lower light is definitely helping with the GSA. I think the bolbitus really hated the high dose of micro ferts which I tried to kill off GSA. Not sure that it helped there or just reducing light.

I think you can control GSA with lower light. In my tank it grows so slow to the point it doesn’t look like it’s growing at all.

Tried increasing light with two T5HO bulbs back on and got GSA coming back. Still got spare pink bulbs I could swap out with the white ones but spare bulbs sit on third floor of townhouse, fish tank on first - I constantly forget to bring bulbs down.

Back
Top Bottom