Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They’re pretty good fun. I picked up a tri-colour lotus and something else apparently pretty rare for here.

Some nice L catfish for here but too expensive to risk them shifting. Buyers market though - pretty tough on people breeding.

Glad I didn’t get any fish - plants are still sitting in kitchen sink :) Looked at bamboo caves and apart from wondering if they will sink (and what was I thinking), likely just put them in a storage box somewhere.

Was good deal. Travel not so bad but got home after 11pm and makes rest of week long.

Should trim the fern on the weekend to prepare for shifting. Maybe take plants out of pots.

Ok, so definitely cut back - managed to get to pack all aquarium stuff in one box! Well, apart from stuff for running the tank for couple more weeks, the stuff on the bookcase and gear out in the garage (but that’s for other tanks or substrate or spare filters so doesn’t count).

Almost there. Bolbitis looks terrible - really think it hated the micro ferts overdoses to try and remove the GSA. Will prune right back.

Started pulling apart tank ....

4a47c635256275225b53ff3b3ce25562.jpg

Ugh, as per last time the light transformer fell off back of tank.

Cleaned canister, pulled out plants (trimmed ferns right back and wood, got most gravel out in bucket.

Just waiting for it to drain, then scrape out rest of gravel to clean tomorrow. Refill and put plants back in.

Will run with internal filter only.

Tank looks a bit cloudy still - not sure if just clay. Will dose some prime tonight (thought of doing a test but it’s packed in a box somewhere lol).

Tank seems to be going with no leaks (yet to fill all the way). It’s about a foot out from wall as need to paint wall at some stage - but to get going for the moment!

Added aquarium soil pellets, ada power one sand (mainly pumice) and gravel from before (could of skipped that maybe but oh well).

Tank seems to be clearing amazingly fast. Think I’ll add the wood and plants sitting in buckets tomorrow and that will do for moment. Next weekend get the canister filter and maybe CO2 going again. Maybe, settled into new house but usual tonne of work to do.

Back
Top Bottom