Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Put more sticky tape on the leds for the small tank as getting more fine algae on the glass. Lighting on for 6 hours. Seriously thinking of trying it with light for just two hours as don’t have time to clean it really.

Aquarium society swap mart on today. Raided all cupboards and found a dozen things to grab a table (not fussed if sell but to make it bigger event as we didn't get many tables listed which is shame.). Usually have more stuff (tank junk) but clean outs from shifting between various houses whittled it down (thankfully!). Still have backup filters, lights and heaters sitting there ‘just in case’ :)

Or (happy thought) - if I come back with another tank :) :)

bc5c2e707caf599b379f0e4a409ecd54.jpg

cb45274eef915768123324e80b48ff0b.jpg

b6185c6bf471852601a0846d8f6b9fad.jpg

Bought a tank for $20. Should be swapping some plants for wood stand on Wednesday night at committee meeting (got an international guest speaker on 10th).

Bought a spare filter - don’t really need (until you do and then it’s super urgent / was very cheap and thought to support store at swap mart).

Sold a bit of stuff / swapped some stuff.

Very nice, sounds like a fun time. And the "don't need it till you need it" problem! Reason my utility closet is full - Again! Our spring auction is the end of the month but I might have to be out of town :( .

Which tank was $20?

And you can never have too many aquarium supplies, can you? :eek:

It’s the tank on the paint stand.

I’m hoping to get last coat of stain / varnish onto stand at lunch and set up again tonight. It’s crazy here, that tank could go for over $100 easy new here whereas I remember getting them much cheaper in Kmart as a kid. I’ve always felt they should sell the tank cheap as once into the hobby so much is out there to buy.

Then I’ll have low maintenance shrimp tank, this one a guppy tank and the high tech 4ft tank.

I’ve scrounged some java fern and bolbitis fern (still not doing well) ready to add in.

Latest tank photo this morning with the seachem flourite black added and bolbitis fern cleaned back. Added more crypts and stem plants.

I think my lighting is a bit less but will see how the red stem plants go. Bolbitis may have a new shoot - watched very closely!! The H2O2 cleaned off some BBA off anubias - mostly shifted to middle of tank to hide it as didn’t have the heart to throw it out.

6d069335691b67bd746c011b3c26153f.jpg

Lookin good!

Thanks!! If I get a tank growing like yours I’ll be happy.

5 remaining guppies are in their new tank. That will do for couple months until next auction - maybe add to whiptail catfish on bottom.

Hoping the other filters I ordered turn up today. Surprisingly the HOB filter seems to have stopped leaking - maybe the rubber ring had to swell a bit or something.

Ditched the leaky HOB and set up an internal filter. Went with the one that has a spray bar to spread outflow as it’s a bit too big for tank really. Also cut the Perspex cover to allow for feeding and cables. All done and plan to drag out test kits tomorrow morning.

So now a 5 gal shrimp tank, 20 gal guppy tank and the large planted tank.

Just waiting on the little led light I ordered for the shrimp tank now.

Still waiting on shrimp tank light sigh (they must be hand crafting it). Checking the mail everyday.

Guppy tank seems to be going ok. Bolbitis and java fern seem ok. Guppies are learning to hang in one spot for food :)

It sure doesn't take Guppies long to figure out where to congregate for food! In my 30G Guppy tank, they practically jump out of the tank - they do jump out of the water as they pile on top of each other...all in one corner when I walk over there!!!

Hope that Shrimp tank light is mighty fine with all the waiting! Everything is taking for ever in the mail. I tried to order API Accu-Clear and it was going to be 3 weeks to arrive.

Long shot of tank (no more tiger barbs for me, too much little trouble-makers).

d6b88f03d69fb8d11534507b8e8fd67f.jpg

Shrimp tank led arrived (cables everywhere now!). Just have to wait to next auction to get more shrimp and guppies.

4c1db8f6c7706238c0a281ba178bd8a9.jpg

Nitrates reading of 20 (JBL 25) and TDS 300 (found meter at back of cupboard). Phosphate 1pmm.

Lots of expired test kits - some as far back as 2017 :) Found a ph pen so might try that later.

Sword plant has another leaf just starting so will see how long it takes to get up two and a half feet. Last one seemed to do nothing and then it was there.

Back
Top Bottom