Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, maybe cherry or rosy barbs again. Could try a larger school but the tail fin nipping just risks fin rot and really don’t want to use meds now the plants are taking off. Might go into one of the specialty stores and see what they have.

TDS meter says 300 which apparently is fine.

CO2 ph meter says 6.6 while ph pen says 6.9..... Drag out ph test kit but that expired in 2017. Although just remembered the pool ph test kit might be ok. Anyways ordered a ph pen off eBay.

Fish still fine but maybe I should get the drop checker going again [emoji4]

Sword plant in main tank has new leaf. Looks like it takes a week to go from little shoot and up to surface. 2.5ft up. No wonder they are ferts hogs.

Water change day. Put tape over shrimp tank led light as getting algae again. Lots of new little shrimp running around.

Sword plant in main tank has new leaf. Looks like it takes a week to go from little shoot and up to surface. 2.5ft up. No wonder they are ferts hogs.

Water change day. Put tape over shrimp tank led light as getting algae again. Lots of new little shrimp running around.

Cool stuff.

A week to go 2.5' wow! That is fast.

I just trimmed 19 long leaves off my Tiger Lotus in the wine glass and there are about the same still tiny to short. They were every where!!!

And the Hornwort in my new tank (no fish yet) is double the size it was, used up all the ammonia in the tank. Had to fertilize all my tanks as normally doesn't happen that often.

Have the CO2 in the view for Fall/winter - opposite your seasons ;) maybe at my house, will need to ask you questions!

It is so encouraging to see little baby shrimp. I have only one bright red Cherry female getting heavily berried!!!

Debating on going to fish shop tomorrow- I think only 5 allowed at a time and rush in / rush out which kind of takes the fun out of it.

Debating on going to fish shop tomorrow- I think only 5 allowed at a time and rush in / rush out which kind of takes the fun out of it.

Our local shop is doing the same. I have made a point to go in and buy local to keep these guys afloat during this pandemic. Mask on, and full wash/wipe down after the trip.

How big are your gold angels?

Only 3 to 4 inches I reckon in size. Maybe it’s the ferts dosing? They never seem to get really big.

That’s interesting what shops are doing all over the world.

I’ve drained tanks onto back lawn for last couple of years during water change. Today was into a bucket for a small tank. I think I might get longer tubing so it goes into sink rather than bucket.

On the plus side, my floor looks clean after mopping it dry.....

I can drain to outside or the shower with the hose I bought. It was really cheap to buy 50’ vinyl hose.

My recent mopping adventure was when I tipped over my 20g bin I use to prep water. There was about 3g of water in it at the time. Love having lots of towels around. Lol

Towels sound great!

PH pen turned up and thought would be nice break from house painting to try it out and see if CO2 PH probe is reading low.

I swear it said it did PH, temp and TDS which I thought seemed a lot but price was superb and it was late at night... Just read instructions and only really does TDS sigh.

Will look to buy again (possibly with a coffee)..

Pretty sure I stuffed up here last week and did a water change but forgot to put water conditioner in ☹️

Main tank ok but the guppy tank lost two from my vast herd of 4 sigh. Thankfully didn’t do shrimp tank as well.

Did a version of this once. Grabbed the wrong bottle, thought it was prime but it was phosphorus.

Another flower

4bed597f947d4a3f7ba93230b365705b.jpg

b5abd074347dc0530ddfcf706c93ae7e.jpg

It’s been quiet on the aquarium front with all the house painting going on.

Large tank is still about the same.

Got carried away and picked up yellow phantom tetras for the other tank plus some baby bristlenose catfish. Quite nice, small fish that seem to have settled well and busy keeping each other in line.

Back
Top Bottom