Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a really impressive tank this Dela. Managing to distribute co2 and nutrients evenly in a tank this size and appeasing the plants deserves lots praise and the fish look very happy.

I'm had a tough enough time in a tank the third of the size so I can only imagine how difficult it is to care for a tank this big, especially when things go wrong. Shows great perseverance and determination. Good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looking beautiful - still really loving the Congos!!!

We have a breeder of Odessa barbs nearby where I live and are some of the most stunning I have seen, and am looking at a bunch of those to spark up my tank since I can't get Congos that nice. Here is what they look like...
Puntius padamya - Odessa Barbs

Thanks everyone!

Those barbs look nice. I was looking at barbs before I changed my mind and would like to go back to keeping more barbs again sometime.

I keep thinking I'd like to get more light but I should really get a line splitter and hook up the second CO2 reactor first.

Must...resist.....buying....high-powered.....lights.

Well, one of the underwater lights has developed a flicker in two of the LED bulbs. Less than six months old and off to the bin. :(

I know, I know.

Went to fish shop to get fish food. Also got a medium powered LED light (as you do). Hope to get pics as soon as I smuggle it into the house :)

Busy week, parcel of ferts arrived. 5 kilograms doesn't seem that much when you order...

74564-albums13177-picture70261.jpg

The basil airbag (left side in photo below) I have no idea on why it was in there.

74564-albums13177-picture70262.jpg

Cleaned tank of plant debris again. Sigh. Wish I could do better with plants.

74564-albums13177-picture70263.jpg

New light out of the box to boost the quad t5ho. Now I have to look at increasing CO2 again but really hoping algae stays away and plant growth is a little faster (except the val, that's just getting to be a weed..).

74564-albums14484-picture70264.jpg

74564-albums14484-picture70266.jpg

74564-albums14484-picture70265.jpg

Looks like a pretty clean styled light.

Someone somewhere is disappointed they didn't get their Basil and can't cook their spaghetti sauce now!

I know, I know - so weird on the basil. Very curious on why it was there but not even sure if I'm game to ask.

Hoping to get PAR readings later today. So far thinking I'll just run the channel (pretty amazing to buy a light and promptly turn half the light off.

Ok, so for those aquarium nerds out there, here are the PAR readings. Tank and Seneye is a little dirty so this might be lowering readings a little. As well, the light has to get through a perspex cover. Also that this is just out of interest on the light, there is nothing really scientific in the measuring here lol.

As usual the white/grey line is the light reading, the thick coloured line is plant preference and the dashed coloured line is human eye.

Just for reference I've put a hydroponics box light that I was running in the centre of the tank (with more lights either side) some time ago. The PAR reading was just for the hydroponics light. It's interesting I find that this light seems to closely match what plants want but looked visually very high in red lights and simply dreadful.

74564-albums14484-picture69826.jpg

Nemo light working well with great shop support.

Nemo light - led bulbs
74564-albums14484-picture70267.jpg

Nemo light - blue channel
74564-albums14484-picture70268.gif

Nemo light - white channel (makes sense this is lower PAR as less bulbs).
74564-albums14484-picture70269.gif

At the moment running the white channel 100% and the quad t5ho. The readings are about a foot down the tank (halfway). The nemo light is nice and compact, doesn't seem to get very hot either and lights up the back of the tank well (as both lights sitting on glass/perspex top).

Whoo-hooo! Some decent pearling tonight across two-thirds of the tank (bearing in mind I count any stream of bubbles). Best I have seen around the co2 diffuser. Really makes me think I should chase up a line splitter and get the second one going (sitting in a drawer somewhere).

Sadly the plant debris is increasing again looks like.

First off love the graph comparisons, and that you are now getting nice pearling.

And even more love the ADA drop checker, and even more LOVE the price of the one you are getting - hahahahahaha!

I thought, "that is pretty spendy for a drop checker" - one from ADA, but how cool you have the comparison right there so less wondering (especially for high tech noobs and I haven't ever bought one so not really familiar with their pricing anyway lol).

Great to follow this process and let you spend the money! :)

I know - I really would love a GLA drop checker but shipping on the other ones was free as well.

Next up is start chasing around for a co2 line splitter. I think I have seen brass ones with controls. I'll have to post.

It amazes me now what I was trying to do with a combination of the hydroponics box light AND two reef lights either side. Now I realise that was way too high on the light.

Minor problem. One side of the driftwood stack has collapsed onto a few plants. So to fix this I've bought another piece of wood to wedge under the first piece of wood that is supporting another piece of wood. I'm sure it will work (although last time I touched this I spend 20 minutes trying to sort it out so fingers crossed).

Minor problem. One side of the driftwood stack has collapsed onto a few plants. So to fix this I've bought another piece of wood to wedge under the first piece of wood that is supporting another piece of wood. I'm sure it will work (although last time I touched this I spend 20 minutes trying to sort it out so fingers crossed).

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out! :)

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out! :)

Oh in hiding now.

Brought driftwood home and put in bucket to soak with a multi cure in there just in case of any nasties.

Multi cure includes malachite green - thought I was careful but green fingers says otherwise. Now wondering what parts of the house I touched...

Still, hope to get photos up tonight as new driftwood sunk like a stone and should be ready to go into tank tonight.

Here is a before photo showing where the driftwood has fallen out and the hard, straight line of the rock ornament stands out.

74564-albums13177-picture70288.jpg

Inserted the new piece of driftwood (black on left side) to hold the entire lot up. Spent more time than I thought and not sure it will stay. Underwater glue that is fish safe would be nice.

The trouble is I have to rotate the pieces of wood into the ornament holes one-handed (so I can bend down to look through side glass to see what I'm doing) on top of the ladder which is all a bit painful.

74564-albums13177-picture70290.jpg

Catfish love the new piece of wood. Had to chase them away so I could see how the wood was slotting together. Anyways fingers crossed!

74564-albums13177-picture70289.jpg

Misread the title as "DeadPools Tank" was actually stoked to see what kind of silly/yet awesome set up that would be.

Back
Top Bottom