Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Photo of driftwood buy from auction. Impulse buy (one of many!), but quite like it. Thinking of tank re-scape and add more substrate over holidays in a few weeks now.

e12f9ba972607f6901fa8c551b900c0a.jpg
That is an extremely unique piece. Incredible. Do you know what kind of tree?

Instead of elephant stone, it looks like elephant wood. What size is it?

Certainly is hard to resist a bargain whether cheap price or special item.

Maybe foot and half long? I’ll have to redo tank to fit it in. Some sort of hardwood but pretty happy. Should sink well.

Thought I bought a plant to attach but got a lotus instead.

Redid tank over weekend and cleaned up all the plants. Tank is very empty! The bolbitis got mostly cleaned up back to roots and then I got carried away :) New bit of driftwood is in as well.

Thinking of just getting some more angelfish or something else for top of tank as empty up there.

One bulb setting has failed on the quad t5ho. I did set up the other LED to come on just for an hour in morning and night so will try that. Bit of glass algae to clean up still as well.

And I did think it was nice it was a bit over an hours work, mainly with scissors and then umm’ing on wood placement. Nicer than the old days of hours and hours :)

Some early morning shots - just got to wait for ferns to bounce back and see if the liquid carbon dosing was causing melt.

cc4dfc316c349d9fc80d3ed8ec22cb1e.jpg

bfa9dea9df3440efe5ab187b7439d9f3.jpg

One CO2 diffuser stop again but working this morning so bonus.

The dream of discus is looking a bit out of reach (this house is keeping me broke!). Still tempted to check a few shops this week.

So I chickened out of getting 4 small discus ($180). Went for 4 small koi angelfish, 3 algae cleaner catfish, 16 tiger barbs and some wafers food ($140). Top of tank looks a lot more active.

Was tempted on yoyo loaches again but pretty crowded at bottom of tank with blockheads and rams plus thinking I might get some more bn catfish next auction.

Bolbitis is putting out green shoots, now to keep it looking good.

Yes, I was kind of tempted (darn house repairs). Hope they all settle with no issues.

Still entertaining - one blockhead can sort out two tiger barbs but gets swamped by five. The rams somehow watch over everyone on bottom by being an inch higher in water. The angelfish and tiger barbs are still sorting each other out. (saw some beautiful fish that I thought would just be expensive angelfish snacks [emoji20] ).

Might spend my savings on plants :)

And got shown a ‘coffee table’ type aquarium (80gal?). Fully self contained with filters and lights plus sliding top. All yours in white for lazy $2,150...

Last edited:
What a price for a fishy coffee table - in white. [Snickering, hehe]

Darn if the Angels can eat more than you'd think. The Congo Tetras I have are nearly grown up and getting goid color, makes me miss a pretty boss Koi Angel though, part of the time. But the Neons don't miss them. :)

Oh, yeah, and yes, the house repairs are the death of a fish budget.

True, saw neons but expensive snacks. I was tempted on tetras.

Trying to get some photos but barbs busy all over tank which is still pretty bare.

Water readings 0.25ppm phosphate and 10ppm nitrate.

All fish seem to have settled well. Watching one tiger barb which has part of tail missing and which is a little white, cloudy in part (hoping it’s nothing but watching closely :( ).

Fish have settled in pretty well (barbs are too many to count easily but look in good condition). Water readings 0.25ppm phosphate and I reckon 20ppm nitrate.

Nothing much - noticed drop checker on tank bottom last week and fixed. Obviously liked it there as again on bottom and has been joined by the temperature gauge (late winter breeding pattern???). Can’t be bothered removing lights and covers to get so will sit there until next weekend.

I did replace the CO2 drop checker but have now run out of indicator liquid so on order [emoji20]

Just decided to put on order two 7kg bags of seachem fluorite dark here as well. The white power sand / volcanic rock shows any algae and been thinking I’d like to get back into swords and crypts. Bwahaha [emoji4]

Last edited:
So fun to see a bustling tank.

The Congo Tetras in my 72G - 12 (maybe 13) are getting adult large now and to me I would love to see them in a longer than 4 foot tank so they could really move around beautifully.

They are so fun to watch shoaling around! Your previous stock of them was a lovely inspiration.

Which kinds of Swords are striking up interest? There are some really cool newer varieties!?!

Anything red and tall I think? Low maintenance again but maybe red and green patches. Bags should arrive in a few weeks and I’ll put in clay, then grab plants.

CO2 indicator fluid arrived along with thermometers - all set for next water change. The flourite substrate another few weeks at least :(

Back
Top Bottom