Desk Top Tanks at Work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm thinking of a 20 gallon tank for my desk at work.
Post pictures of yours to show off and help me get ideas!

I don't have one since my work involves no desk but wow you have room for that? I'd go dark substrate and planted if that's your preference and some nice rock work or even driftwood . As far as stock, it depends, do you want an active tank (possibility of being distracting) or a calmer/more serene tank?

Yeah my desk is huge... I use about 30% of it.

I'm not a huge fan of black substrate so ill probably go brown or dark brown.

Also my intended stock is my neon blue dwarf gourami who's currently in my 50 gal with two of the orange drawf gouramis so I'll move him over and then put in a bunch of plants to cycle. Afterwards ill add a smaller more decoratively colored pleco and hopefully some glass cats or celestrial pear danios. Probably about 5 of whichever I choose. Glass cats like plants and so do gouramis so I'm leaning that way.

Thoughts and recommendations?

It's actually a 10 gallon tank... and I think I'll keep it at home in my home office just to keep it simple. Haha time to rethink stocking.

Fun fact: be careful rinsing your glass tanks in the tub. The faucet will puncture the glass... sad day.

Back
Top Bottom