Digital Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juliemichelle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Did anyone else ask for a digital camera for Christmas...just so that they could take pictures of their tanks?! I'm sure I might take a couple of pic's of my daughter too!!!! :wave:

Digital camera

I asked myself and decided I'm worthy of a new digital SLR with a macro lens and ring flash. Thank you, Santa! Let's go shopping!!! - Guppyman

Guppyman, between all your beautiful new fish, eggs, fry, hydra, and camera, it seems you've got it worked out well with Santa, the Easter Bunny, St. Patrick, Jack-o-Lantern, etc.! LOL!

Santa

Can you say Mac 2 GHz DP G5 and Epson Stylus Pro 4000 large format printer to go with my new Apple 23" Hi Def Cinema display. C'mon Santa - get your fat butt in gear!!! I know - I'm nauseating. - Guppyman :oops:

P.S. Forget Santa - I sold my soul to the devil.

Ha! My brother put the Power Mac G5 Dual2GHz on his wish list. He is dreaaaaaaming. He'll end up buying it for himself by January, I'm sure.

Hey, can't you write all these off as "business" expenses?

Santa

Yes, I do write everything off as a business expense.

BTW - tell your brother that the third generation of the G5's will be out in February. He may want to wait. I might also - but I have NO willpower. - G.

I told my brother, and he's like, "Who is Guppyman?!" LOL. He's got one of those huge cinema monitors, too. They rock!

We just got this iMac last February with the 17" display, and of course now they've got the 20" display. AGH! I think it's a G4 processor though, so we'll keep it awhile.

Oops, and as for the original post, we are getting my parents the Canon Powershot A70, which has overall good specs for what they need. I like the reviews on www.cnet.com.

New dSLR and Goodies

Greetings and the Happiest of Holiday Seasons to You All (Pagans and Heathens included!)

Well Santa came a day early but for some reason he disguised himself as a UPS man. He delivered a Canon 10D, Canon 100mm Macro and 50mm f1.4 lenses, a Canon 550EX Speed Flash and an upgrade to Photoshop CS. He included a note stating that the Santa's helpers were racked by the fly bug and it would be a few days after Christmas until I see the Canon 17-40mm "L", the Canon 70-200mm telezoom and the Epson 2200 printer. No problem, Santa. Just get those elves a crackin'. - Guppyman

Good for you, Gman! Well this is redundant now, but have yourself a great and loot-laden holiday, LOL :)

that 10d is a nice camera too, tho when it comes down to price/performance the digital rebel is a little better. i wanna go all out and get a 1d too bad i dont have 8 grand. :roll:

Digital Rebel vs. 10D

Hi All,

Don't be jealous. I'll still be paying for this stuff after I'm dead. After reading this review: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d/ and if you need more advanced features, I believe for the extra $350 you will go with a 10D. Different strokes. For me, personally - the metal body alone was worth the difference. I loathe plastic and composite materials. YMMV. - Guppyman

Back
Top Bottom