Discus Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Esra

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey,
Just thought I'd post some pics of the 4 discus I picked up a couple of weeks ago.

They are all doing really well and loving their tank and tank mates.

Here are the pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/80403748@N00/

Sorry about the quality, still getting the hang of my camera!

I was originally worried they would be scared of the faster fish in the tank and not feed. but after a couple of days they were all ok.

Took ages to get these pics, especially since the Angels kept deciding they wanted to be in there too![/url]

Beautiful fish!

Discus seem to be part of the natural progression of fresh water fish. Where do you go from here? Salt water?

Yeah that's the only step up.
Although a CO2 high light tank would be a good middle ground.
I'll prob go to SW though.

Signs that young discus are thriving can be quite evident. They're getting enough nutrients if they have fat foreheads. Eyes should be small in relation to the body.

Attachments

• 09may_001_126.jpg
    09may_001_126.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 09may_007_713.jpg
    09may_007_713.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 25
BrianNY said:
Signs that young discus are thriving can be quite evident. They're getting enough nutrients if they have fat foreheads. Eyes should be small in relation to the body.
Can you tell from the pics if they're doing well?

They seem to eat a lot and are always swimming around checking everything out so I assume they are happy.

Honestly I think you're doing a pretty good job Esra. Just keep a sharp eye on their weight gain. I'm so leery about growing discus out in a tank with other species.

Yeah I was worried about them eating at first but they quickly learnt that i put some food in and then the rest, so they let the other fish get the first load and then head straight for the rest.

They love blood worms!

Back
Top Bottom