DIY Stand and Canopy IM back after 2 years!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gooyferret

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here is some pictures of my DIY stand and canopy! I still have to paint and put doors on. This for a 125gallon reef tank that i will be setting up after 2 years of moving i finally get to setup again!! I also will be doing a DIY Acrylic Sump within the next couple weeks. Enjoy and please leave some feedback and suggestions!

The pictures are a little fuzzy i will try and get better ones! Hard to do I dont know what program works well for compressing photos in Vista 64bit..

Attachments

• Stand and Canopy 001 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Stand and Canopy 001 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Stand and Canopy 003.jpg
    Stand and Canopy 003.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Stand and Canopy 007.jpg
    Stand and Canopy 007.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Stand and Canopy 009.jpg
    Stand and Canopy 009.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 75
The bottom (4th photo) concerns me alittle.(Having done a little construction work/cabnet hanging etc) ....my concerns are with the structural integrity of the framework...(at least as it appears in this particular photo). If this "IS" in fact your "BOTTOM" cabnet/stand its very important that your framework is going to hold the massive weight of such a big tank..."+" 8lbs(+)or(-) per gallon.(hopefully I'm just reading the photo incorrectly!!??)>>but before i'd risk it...maybe it'd be adventageous to have a carpenter guy give-it a quick eyeball.

The bottom one looks like the hood to me. The top one with the greater depth looks like the bottom. I don't see too much of an issue with the 4th photo (one on the bottom) if it is the hood as it won't be holding the weight. One thing to consider though is to add fans (like PC fans) to help with ventalation because lights tend to put off a lot of heat.

Yes im going to be putting 3 120mm fans in the hood. The hood is the last (4th) photo. I have done carpentry work for many years and the stand should easily hold the weight. Any other suggestions

Do you have any pictures of how the canopy opens? And the construction of the canopy? How did you get those white panels on there?

I will be getting some pics on here soon for the setup....i have it cycling right now so i will snap some pics tommorrow!

Back
Top Bottom