Do you have rams? Lets share pics! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a shot of my Bolivian and Electric Blue. I had the Bolivian for over 2 years now and the EB for about 6 weeks. The Bolivian used to be in my 20 gal until I finally setup my 55 gal. Much happier now. And the addition of the EB has made both of them quite feisty. Its funny, they either hang out closely together like in this photo (even sharing some of the hiding spots) or chasing each other away from a specific spot. Its almost like they're married. Neither fish has dominance of a spot in the tank. Although the EB really likes swimming in the corner of my tank within the anacharis forest.

Attachments

• DSC_0921.JPG
    DSC_0921.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 111
EBRlove said:
Pair Nothobranchius rachovii KILLIFISH - BEAUTIFUL ESTABLISHED FISH

They are on eBay 10 pounds for two male and female, does anyone know anything about these fish??

I want one now! Are they hardy?

t4runnr said:
Here is a shot of my Bolivian and Electric Blue. I had the Bolivian for over 2 years now and the EB for about 6 weeks. The Bolivian used to be in my 20 gal until I finally setup my 55 gal. Much happier now. And the addition of the EB has made both of them quite feisty. Its funny, they either hang out closely together like in this photo (even sharing some of the hiding spots) or chasing each other away from a specific spot. Its almost like they're married. Neither fish has dominance of a spot in the tank. Although the EB really likes swimming in the corner of my tank within the anacharis forest.

Those fish look healthy and colored up! I actually didn't care for my Bolivian ram at first. But he grew on me. He and gbr get along fairly well. An occasional dominance struggle but nothing serious or dangerous

Those fish look healthy and colored up! I actually didn't care for my Bolivian ram at first. But he grew on me. He and gbr get along fairly well. An occasional dominance struggle but nothing serious or dangerous

Yeah, my Bolivian is pretty hardy. I got lazy sometime last year in the 20 gal. Didn't change the water (just added new water) and the nitrates shot up big time. Algae every where in a nonplanted tank. At one point I didn't think he/she (I never bothered to read up on how to sex these rams) wasn't going to make it. After learning my lesson, it's health rebounded big time. So no more lazy from me. Especially with this 2 month old 55 gal. The Bolivian is a lot darker than when first brought home, but I think it's because of the punishment I put on it.

I have my 2 new Bolivians with my 2 GBRs in my 70 gallon planted. Seem the 2 Bolivians and 1gbr are always together and the other GBR seems to be schooling with my boesmani rainbows

ddodad said:
I have my 2 new Bolivians with my 2 GBRs in my 70 gallon planted. Seem the 2 Bolivians and 1gbr are always together and the other GBR seems to be schooling with my boesmani rainbows

That's funny my gbr schools with my boesmanis as well. My Bolivian pretty much hangs out in a hornwort cave. He patrols the bottom
While my gbr chills with the rainbows

t4runnr said:
Yeah, my Bolivian is pretty hardy. I got lazy sometime last year in the 20 gal. Didn't change the water (just added new water) and the nitrates shot up big time. Algae every where in a nonplanted tank. At one point I didn't think he/she (I never bothered to read up on how to sex these rams) wasn't going to make it. After learning my lesson, it's health rebounded big time. So no more lazy from me. Especially with this 2 month old 55 gal. The Bolivian is a lot darker than when first brought home, but I think it's because of the punishment I put on it.

That's good. So your gbr and Bolivian get along fine?

Mine have only been together a few days but all seems to be good. I haven't seen any aggression but the tank is heavily planted in parts and there are a lot of caves / hiding spots

When I'm around they do. Like in a previous post, sometimes thy get territorial on each other. Other times they share the same spot. The Bolivian definitely stays at the bottom. The Eb goes all over the tank especially in the anacharis bunches. . I think it shoals with the 17 cardinals sometimes.

Love my Bolivians!!

Attachments

• image-3554630513.jpg
    image-3554630513.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2822364336.jpg
    image-2822364336.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3207938073.jpg
    image-3207938073.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 72
ddodad said:
Mine have only been together a few days but all seems to be good. I haven't seen any aggression but the tank is heavily planted in parts and there are a lot of caves / hiding spots

Would you mind posting some pics of the layout and hiding spots? My goal is to add an apistogramma in the mix.

Would you mind posting some pics of the layout and hiding spots? My goal is to add an apistogramma in the mix.

I'm actually waiting for an apistogramma or two to come along that grab my attention to add also. Here are a few pics of my setup. There are 4 caves the heavily planted part plus under the driftwood and the large rock.

Attachments

• image-3590168300.jpg
    image-3590168300.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 150
  • image-3018920690.jpg
    image-3018920690.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image-2845996057.jpg
    image-2845996057.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image-1259402511.jpg
    image-1259402511.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 121
Aaron have you had any joy on finding the killifish in your area??

EBRlove said:
Aaron have you had any joy on finding the killifish in your area??

No. I'm in the process of planning an art an music showcAse. But after I want to start looking into an apistogramma cac. But I'll have room for a couple killifish. Those are awesome. Did you get those on aquabids or a LFS. I know you said so but I can't remember at the moment

Kesgrave.tropicals eBay seller he has lots of stock including a eye biter millawi man the thing looks prehistoric as hell ill post a pic

The killis I'm told will only grow to a max of three inches, orders mine yesterday ill post some pics when he arrives hopefully on the 21 may my birthday lol

Attachments

• image-2585243754.jpg
    image-2585243754.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 129
Back
Top Bottom