Do you have rams? Lets share pics! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, over 100, and when I have my blue LED's on I can tell which are going to be electric and which will be GBR- it's about 40/60 with 40% going to be Electric Blue :)

Lol, depending on how many make it, would be glad to give a bunch away! After being out of the hobby for 10 years, I learned a lot from this website and the good people here!

Long-Finned Sapphire Ram. I have a breeding pair... this is my male:

Attachments

• IMG_1785.CR2.jpg
    IMG_1785.CR2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Sapphire Ram - Male.jpg
    Sapphire Ram - Male.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 176
Never tried shipping, or having anything shipped. I'm always to worried they won't make it. I'll have to look into it.

So thanks to the holidays haven't been able to get out to get the rest of stuff I need for my breeder tank, that and wife has some kind of swine/bird/H2o etc flu and is in a really bad mood for some reason... checked this am with deeding time, I'm down to less than 20, with only 6 electrics lighting up under the blue lamp. Gonna try to rig a safe place for them and will post pics tonight/tomorrow!

Just bought some GBRs and they had a pair of chiclids in the same tank but didn't know what they were so got them aswel. Any ideas on what they are.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387878300.368618.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388447608.704072.jpg

I just bought these 2 GBR's 2 days ago now and one, I believe, injured itself (the white mark on what I think is the male).I think I have a pair male on the right female on the left.

View attachment 214345

I just bought these 2 GBR's 2 days ago now and one, I believe, injured itself (the white mark on what I think is the male).I think I have a pair male on the right female on the left.

Watch out for the white spot on his head, my GBR's developed this and died within a few weeks. I could not find any information about it. I thought it may be hole in the head disease that develops in bigger cichlids, but I couldn't figure it out. Just be wary!

The female is the smaller one. They are the same age, bought as a pair, but I forgot to plug the heater back in after a water change, and she didn't do well with the water temp dropping as much as it did. She didn't eat for nearly 3 weeks, apparently couldn't see, and only barely pulled through. Now she's showing colors again, and getting along well. She's still only about half the size of the male though.
img_2773766_0_1ad9337dc9a89a03c2b85747bdb978ab.jpg

img_2773766_1_3207178cc05aec01d169ee7facf84c36.jpg

=(

Woke up this morning to find my 4+ year old bolivian ram had died.

I checked temps and tested the water, everything was normal. All the other fish, are fine. Even last night it was swimming around as normal.

I'm so bummed. That fish outlasted many newer fish over the years. Even during a time that I got lazy and water conditions were not the greatest in a 20 gal tank. This was before I setup my 55 gal and moved all the fish to that tank. It was a stong ram.

it had a very strong personality. Definitely associated my presence with food so it was never shy. Always at the glass front and center. By far was my favorite in the tank.

RIP.

79148-albums12413-picture56528.png

Now I gotta get another one to keep my electric blue and my angelfish company.

Back
Top Bottom