Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #141
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
There's all beautiful. I'm really falling in love with these little guys lol. My 2 females are getting along which I'm glad.
Females are pretty good unless you introduce a male that's when it gets touchy. They are definitely a nice showcase fish when given the right conditions and proper care. Mine are quite small at the moment can't wait for them to grow within the next year and really stand out.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #142
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshenanagins View Post

Females are pretty good unless you introduce a male that's when it gets touchy. They are definitely a nice showcase fish when given the right conditions and proper care. Mine are quite small at the moment can't wait for them to grow within the next year and really stand out.
Cool good to know.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #143
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez87
Hey did that golden pair with a blue?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #144
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronW View Post

Hey did that golden pair with a blue?
Hi I got 2 blue & 1 golden an they all swim round together no problems so far
Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #145
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That's cool! Are the all
Females?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #146
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Was told the 1 showing all the blue colours was male & the othe blue female not sure bout the golden
Old 05-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #147
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Maybe females. Males tend not to get along at all. How long have they been in there?
Old 05-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #148
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I bought two male rams to begin with then to a different store and bought all 6 of their rams although they didnt look very colorful. My males didnt take to them so I went and bought 8 more from another store and still my rams didnt take to them. So when I went back to the original store I bought them all, she had 7 more rams so I bought all of those and man did my males take a like-ing to them. It turned out that the other two stores I bought my supposedly blue rams at where actually gold rams the first time and red rams the second time. The third time was the blue rams from the same place that they ordered the males from. i think I have about 5 or 6 that are pairing up now as we speak. One set even laid eggs lastnight. But it looks as though she may b nibbling on them. My gold rams have not paird yet and I think one of my red rams is pairing with a blue ram or a red ram. its hard to tell. I will know in a few days or weks. I hope that they have eggs and prduce young that have the same brilliant color as the parents do. The color change was aw inspiring to watch when the males me t the females and turned colors and the females too turned colors to keep the other female away I guess. But it is very cook little tykes. i will try and send a picture of befor and after if not go to my albums anf i have some in there of the changing of color! thanks
Old 05-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #149
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah do that! I've never seen a red ram before.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #150
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram o holic View Post
I bought two male rams to begin with then to a different store and bought all 6 of their rams although they didnt look very colorful. My males didnt take to them so I went and bought 8 more from another store and still my rams didnt take to them. So when I went back to the original store I bought them all, she had 7 more rams so I bought all of those and man did my males take a like-ing to them. It turned out that the other two stores I bought my supposedly blue rams at where actually gold rams the first time and red rams the second time. The third time was the blue rams from the same place that they ordered the males from. i think I have about 5 or 6 that are pairing up now as we speak. One set even laid eggs lastnight. But it looks as though she may b nibbling on them. My gold rams have not paird yet and I think one of my red rams is pairing with a blue ram or a red ram. its hard to tell. I will know in a few days or weks. I hope that they have eggs and prduce young that have the same brilliant color as the parents do. The color change was aw inspiring to watch when the males me t the females and turned colors and the females too turned colors to keep the other female away I guess. But it is very cook little tykes. i will try and send a picture of befor and after if not go to my albums anf i have some in there of the changing of color! thanks
They are all blue rams. You're "gold ram" is a washed out male. You're "red ram" is a female ram. Looks a little stressed. And you're blue rams are the non-washed out ones.

3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hare, pics, rams

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com