Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #201
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
t4runnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 274
Here is a shot of my Bolivian and Electric Blue. I had the Bolivian for over 2 years now and the EB for about 6 weeks. The Bolivian used to be in my 20 gal until I finally setup my 55 gal. Much happier now. And the addition of the EB has made both of them quite feisty. Its funny, they either hang out closely together like in this photo (even sharing some of the hiding spots) or chasing each other away from a specific spot. Its almost like they're married. Neither fish has dominance of a spot in the tank. Although the EB really likes swimming in the corner of my tank within the anacharis forest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0921.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	173820  
__________________

__________________
t4runnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #202
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
AaronW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBRlove
Pair Nothobranchius rachovii KILLIFISH - BEAUTIFUL ESTABLISHED FISH

They are on eBay 10 pounds for two male and female, does anyone know anything about these fish??
I want one now! Are they hardy?
__________________

__________________
AaronW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #203
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
AaronW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4runnr
Here is a shot of my Bolivian and Electric Blue. I had the Bolivian for over 2 years now and the EB for about 6 weeks. The Bolivian used to be in my 20 gal until I finally setup my 55 gal. Much happier now. And the addition of the EB has made both of them quite feisty. Its funny, they either hang out closely together like in this photo (even sharing some of the hiding spots) or chasing each other away from a specific spot. Its almost like they're married. Neither fish has dominance of a spot in the tank. Although the EB really likes swimming in the corner of my tank within the anacharis forest.
Those fish look healthy and colored up! I actually didn't care for my Bolivian ram at first. But he grew on me. He and gbr get along fairly well. An occasional dominance struggle but nothing serious or dangerous
__________________
AaronW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #204
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
t4runnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronW View Post

Those fish look healthy and colored up! I actually didn't care for my Bolivian ram at first. But he grew on me. He and gbr get along fairly well. An occasional dominance struggle but nothing serious or dangerous
Yeah, my Bolivian is pretty hardy. I got lazy sometime last year in the 20 gal. Didn't change the water (just added new water) and the nitrates shot up big time. Algae every where in a nonplanted tank. At one point I didn't think he/she (I never bothered to read up on how to sex these rams) wasn't going to make it. After learning my lesson, it's health rebounded big time. So no more lazy from me. Especially with this 2 month old 55 gal. The Bolivian is a lot darker than when first brought home, but I think it's because of the punishment I put on it.
t4runnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #205
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ddodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 554
I have my 2 new Bolivians with my 2 GBRs in my 70 gallon planted. Seem the 2 Bolivians and 1gbr are always together and the other GBR seems to be schooling with my boesmani rainbows
__________________
ddodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #206
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
AaronW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodad
I have my 2 new Bolivians with my 2 GBRs in my 70 gallon planted. Seem the 2 Bolivians and 1gbr are always together and the other GBR seems to be schooling with my boesmani rainbows
That's funny my gbr schools with my boesmanis as well. My Bolivian pretty much hangs out in a hornwort cave. He patrols the bottom
While my gbr chills with the rainbows
__________________
AaronW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #207
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
AaronW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4runnr

Yeah, my Bolivian is pretty hardy. I got lazy sometime last year in the 20 gal. Didn't change the water (just added new water) and the nitrates shot up big time. Algae every where in a nonplanted tank. At one point I didn't think he/she (I never bothered to read up on how to sex these rams) wasn't going to make it. After learning my lesson, it's health rebounded big time. So no more lazy from me. Especially with this 2 month old 55 gal. The Bolivian is a lot darker than when first brought home, but I think it's because of the punishment I put on it.
That's good. So your gbr and Bolivian get along fine?
__________________
AaronW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #208
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ddodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronW View Post

That's good. So your gbr and Bolivian get along fine?
Mine have only been together a few days but all seems to be good. I haven't seen any aggression but the tank is heavily planted in parts and there are a lot of caves / hiding spots
__________________
ddodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #209
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
t4runnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronW View Post

That's good. So your gbr and Bolivian get along fine?
When I'm around they do. Like in a previous post, sometimes thy get territorial on each other. Other times they share the same spot. The Bolivian definitely stays at the bottom. The Eb goes all over the tank especially in the anacharis bunches. . I think it shoals with the 17 cardinals sometimes.
t4runnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #210
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
gkuzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 335
Love my Bolivians!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3554630513.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	173839   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2822364336.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	173840  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3207938073.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	173841  
__________________

__________________
There is rarely a problem so large that it can not be fixed by a partial water change.
gkuzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hare, pics, rams

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.